Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to alkizmo

Re: GFI outlet/refrigerator question

said by alkizmo:

said by DarkLogix:

it actually felt pretty good, though enough power to even light the lights didn't pass through.

Ah so you completed the path to the lights with your hand. I think since there was a resistive load (lights) on the end of that line, less current was able to go through, hence it didn't hurt your hand, but was more like a massage

It would have been painful if you did a direct hot-neutral bond with your hand :O

I'm not sure if I'm correct with the above assumption.

Well at the time the load was 4x 100w incandescent bulbs and a ceiling fan, and the amount that passed wasn't even enough to dimly light the lights.

However upping the resistance by using a finger from the other hand made it much more painful. (though using the other hand like that is a bad idea.

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by DarkLogix:

Well at the time the load was 4x 100w incandescent bulbs and a ceiling fan, and the amount that passed wasn't even enough to dimly light the lights.

If you think you're going to get enough current through your fingers to light an incandesent light you better keep your hands in your pockets.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by SparkChaser:

said by DarkLogix:

If you think you're going to get enough current through your fingers to light an incandesent light you better keep your hands in your pockets.

I was a kid back then and thought they might glow a little.