TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to creed3020

Premium Member

to creed3020

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

should have more updates on friday again.

thor
@rogers.com

thor

Anon

2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?
--
Owner CEO

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by thor :

2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?

Works for me , i click get more details and see prices etc. ......

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Traffic & Cop ?
Expand your moderator at work

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

said by TSI Marc:

So what gets fixed today?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

waiting for the release notes still
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by TSI Marc:

waiting for the release notes still

Replacing the many incorrect uses of "bandwidth" to say "monthly internet usage"?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

Replacing the many incorrect uses of "bandwidth" to say "monthly internet usage"?

....or 'monthly internet traffic'.

Even without adding the policeman character (or postponing him until later), changing to that term describes very well what is happening with each account.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to creed3020

Premium Member

to creed3020
We didn't get everything ready we were hoping for but we deployed these;

1) Performance enhancements
2) SEO around the page Title

seems quite a bit faster to load now.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

I just tested and it does seem to load much faster. I can always remember waiting for it to finish but it just finished loading.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

it is pretty snappy isn't it? they had to go right into the source code of orchard and make some changes after looking at performance monitor on the SQL server. They managed to get more than 100% improvement on page load.. not sure what the exact number is but it does change the feel of the site and the navigation of it all.

When I sat down with everybody and explained everything I thought needed changing and including some of the suggestions I received here. We all agreed that the speed of the site was contributing to the feeling of it being more difficult to get useful info from the site than the previous site. clicking between different speed options and stuff was like.. geez.. com'on already. we're working on the other suggestions still... we're working on other suggestions still. some are due on monday.. others will take longer still.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

the SEO stuff was added too.. if you look at the top of your browser.. it used to only say "TekSavvy" no matter what page you clicked on... now each page has the correct details depending where you click... still working on all the different meta info for each page.

Packet Loss
Packet Loss
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Guelph, ON
Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE
SmartRG SR808ac

Packet Loss to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

it is pretty snappy isn't it? they had to go right into the source code of orchard and make some changes after looking at performance monitor on the SQL server. They managed to get more than 100% improvement on page load.. not sure what the exact number is but it does change the feel of the site and the navigation of it all.

When I sat down with everybody and explained everything I thought needed changing and including some of the suggestions I received here. We all agreed that the speed of the site was contributing to the feeling of it being more difficult to get useful info from the site than the previous site. clicking between different speed options and stuff was like.. geez.. com'on already. we're working on the other suggestions still... we're working on other suggestions still. some are due on monday.. others will take longer still.

You really should utilize Gzip Deflate on the server. It will cuts down the the size 50% of the page.