Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NuclearXP

join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI
reply to outsider0

Re: SE Michigan is dead, and horribly.

Ever since I started overriding my network hardware with Google DNS my internet connection has been much more stable and slightly faster locating web sites.

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

said by NuclearXP:

Ever since I started overriding my network hardware with Google DNS my internet connection has been much more stable and slightly faster locating web sites.

I, too, spent some time over the summer doing that because WOW's DNS servers would just--GO AWAY.

And that was when WOW's entire broadband wasn't down for me. But all too frequently, the whole shooting match went away.

I put up with it for a few weeks, calling support and getting nothing, then finally came here and found Dan. He *immediately* had the problem identified: a problem outside my house. He must have put the right ticket in to the right people because overnight it was fixed, and I haven't had any problems since.

The way I keep hearing this same story, I think that this whole cable/broadband infrastructure is a lot more fragile than we'd like to think. I have to wonder if the competition has similar struggles.