Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Wii U

Definitely won't be picking this up at launch, but will be keeping an eye on it. To continue a theme here, in MY book it's not the specs or the company; it's the games. The Wii just didn't deliver enough on that front to keep me interested (plus lack of HD and online were big turnoffs but have been rectified with the WiiU). First party Nintendo titles won't justify a $350 price tag for me personally, so I'll wait to see if third parties embrace the system more.

That said, I think it could be 2014 or 15 before MS and Sony release their next gen machines, so the WiiU will have the new console market to themselves for a while. Which can only be good for them.

Oh and whoever asked...the NES and SNES were and are pretty damned hardcore.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by TheBionic:

That said, I think it could be 2014 or 15 before MS and Sony release their next gen machines,

What cave have you've been in? Christmas 2013 is when they will be released.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

said by TheBionic:

That said, I think it could be 2014 or 15 before MS and Sony release their next gen machines,

Lol. Even if true (and there's been no official announcement, let alone an official release date) that's a whole two weeks before "2014". Ya got me!
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by TheBionic:

said by 88615298:

said by TheBionic:

Lol. Even if true (and there's been no official announcement, let alone an official release date) that's a whole two weeks before "2014". Ya got me!

I believe you also stated 2015. When I say Christmas 2013 I don't mean Dec 24 and you know that. Much like the wii, wiiU and the 360 and PS3, the new ones will be released in mid November so that woud be 6 weeks not 2 weeks. And when you said 2014 I HIGHLY doubt you meant Jan 1st. What would be the point of releasing a console so soon AFTER x-mas? So you REALY meant later in 2014. We all know these thigns come out in late fall. So please don't try to make yourself look better we all know what you meant. You meant fall 2014. If not then your prediction was EXTREMELY dumb to think a console woud be released in January, AFTER Christmas. So did you mean fall 2014 or were you making an EXTREMELY dumb prediction. Please clarify. It's one or the other.

Anyways E3 2013 is 9 months away if one or both were coming out in fall 2013 they would announce it then. So in 9 months if I'm wrong I'll ban myself from this forum for 5 years. You willing to take the same bet?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

I believe you also stated 2015. When I say Christmas 2013 I don't mean Dec 24 and you know that. Much like the wii, wiiU and the 360 and PS3, the new ones will be released in mid November so that woud be 6 weeks not 2 weeks. And when you said 2014 I HIGHLY doubt you meant Jan 1st. What would be the point of releasing a console so soon AFTER x-mas? So you REALY meant later in 2014. We all know these thigns come out in late fall. So please don't try to make yourself look better we all know what you meant. You meant fall 2014. If not then your prediction was EXTREMELY dumb to think a console woud be released in January, AFTER Christmas. So did you mean fall 2014 or were you making an EXTREMELY dumb prediction. Please clarify. It's one or the other.

Anyways E3 2013 is 9 months away if one or both were coming out in fall 2013 they would announce it then. So in 9 months if I'm wrong I'll ban myself from this forum for 5 years. You willing to take the same bet?

Lol. I'm not trying "to make myself look better" because I don't base my self worth off of anonymous internet posts. The next gen Microsoft and Sony consoles haven't even been announced yet. You're basing your prediction on internet rumor and being needlessly aggressive about it. Chill out, your blood pressure will thank you.

Anyway, my point stands. Even IF both the XBox 720 and PS4 are both on shelves "Christmas 2013", which is a big if IMO but it could happen, the Wii U will still have about a year to itself on the market. That can only be good for Nintendo.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

To continue a theme here, in MY book it's not the specs or the company; it's the games. The Wii just didn't deliver enough on that front to keep me interested (plus lack of HD and online were big turnoffs but have been rectified with the WiiU). First party Nintendo titles won't justify a $350 price tag for me personally, so I'll wait to see if third parties embrace the system more.

Did you read the portion of my initial post where I posted...
said by en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games :

Games that I saw on that list that look like they are for more serious gamers include:

New Super Mario Bros U
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Darksiders II
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Mass Effect 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU
Untitled Battlefield
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sacrilegium
Untitled The Legend of Zelda

I'm sure much more games for serious gamers will join that list as the release date gets closer.

There are tons more games on this page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li ··· _U_games

and Nintendo has already announced that they are having legions of 3rd party developers and studios creating HD games for more serious gamers, as well as the fun family friendly ones as well.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by TheBionic:

To continue a theme here, in MY book it's not the specs or the company; it's the games. The Wii just didn't deliver enough on that front to keep me interested (plus lack of HD and online were big turnoffs but have been rectified with the WiiU). First party Nintendo titles won't justify a $350 price tag for me personally, so I'll wait to see if third parties embrace the system more.

Did you read the portion of my initial post where I posted...
said by en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games :

Games that I saw on that list that look like they are for more serious gamers include:

New Super Mario Bros U
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Darksiders II
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Mass Effect 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU
Untitled Battlefield
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sacrilegium
Untitled The Legend of Zelda

I'm sure much more games for serious gamers will join that list as the release date gets closer.

There are tons more games on this page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li ··· _U_games

and Nintendo has already announced that they are having legions of 3rd party developers and studios creating HD games for more serious gamers, as well as the fun family friendly ones as well.

Some of those are Nintendo first party, some are games that have already been out for a while. Most of the other ten or so will also be on the XBox 360 and PS3, which I already own. I'll see if third parties continue to develop for the system, multiplats as well as exclusives, in a couple years' time before I decide to buy. Once bitten twice shy I guess.