dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Construction schedule
This is a sub-selection from I just registered.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to xenophon

Premium Member

to xenophon

Re: I just registered.

said by xenophon:

My fiberhood (ranked in the 50s because of major registration issues in my hood) will deploy in Fall of 2013.

Taking a year to get 1/3 of the areas wired? This is a PR project and not a business.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Guspaz

MVM

Right, because hiring a million workers to get everything installed in two weeks makes perfect business sense.

Instead, building a deployment team that works at a consistent pace over the next year to deploy the service makes much more business sense. After that, they've already posted a list of the next five cities they're going to service (expanding outward from Kansas City), which they will presumably time so that their deployment team can continue working at a consistent pace.

I would expect the size of the team (and rate of deployment) to scale up over time as the service proves itself (the kinks get worked out, procedures get streamlined and refined, etc).

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

DataRiker to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Taking a year to get 1/3 of the areas wired? This is a PR project and not a business.

Says the person who hates google and does not live here.

The bucket trucks are here working and have been for a while.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by xenophon:

My fiberhood (ranked in the 50s because of major registration issues in my hood) will deploy in Fall of 2013.

It's a city that doesn't have a highly developed internet network. What do you think?
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

2 edits

xenophon

said by dra6o0n:

said by FFH5:

said by xenophon:

It's a city that doesn't have a highly developed internet network. What do you think?

KC was one of first metros to have broadband in the mid-90s, has several ISPs and overbuilders, a bunch of sonet rings through the metro and over a dozen long haul providers. KC is probably above average developed. It's just the low income areas that have less broadband users (about 20-25% do not, which is US avg). Google selected the two low income areas of the metro as part of rollout so skews the appearance for whole city/metro.

Lok
@sbcglobal.net

Lok to FFH5

Anon

to FFH5
Those construction speeds are faster than the rate of U-verse build out I've seen in my city, and consistent with many other build outs I've seen.
« Construction schedule
This is a sub-selection from I just registered.