Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Mele20

Re: Google disables SSL compression in Chrome against new attack

SPDY indicator
An indicator in the address bar for SPDY usage by each website.
»chrome.google.com/webstore/detai···ggcjblin
These are the sites that happen to use it today

Server support and usage

As of March 2012, there are not many SPDY-enabled websites. Some Google services (e.g. Google search, Gmail, and other SSL-enabled services) use SPDY when available.[26] Google's ads are also served from SPDY-enabled servers.[27]
Twitter has enabled SPDY on its servers in March 2012, making it the second largest site known to deploy SPDY.[28]
Cloudflare is also providing a beta of SPDY on their servers from June 2012, though users who would like to use/test it must be paying customers as SPDY is built on top of TLS, only paying customers can use SSL/TLS Certificates.[29]
In March 2012, the open source Jetty Web Server announced support for SPDY in version 7.6.2,[30] while other open source projects were working on implementing support for SPDY, like node.js,[31][32] Apache (mod_spdy),[33] curl,[34] and nginx.[35]
In April 2012 Google started providing SPDY packages for Apache servers which led some smaller websites to provide SPDY support.[36]
In May 2012 F5 Networks announced support for SPDY in its BIG-IP application delivery controllers.[37]
In June 2012 NGINX, Inc. announced support for SPDY in the open source web server Nginx.[38]
In July 2012 Facebook announced implementation plans for SPDY.[39]
In August 2012 Wordpress.com announced support for SPDY across all their hosted blogs.[40]

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

For Firefox one can do this..but there is no reason to..be more concerned about TLS.

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763163
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Click for full size
said by Name Game:

SPDY indicator
An indicator in the address bar for SPDY usage by each website.
»chrome.google.com/webstore/detai···ggcjblin
These are the sites that happen to use it today

As of March 2012, there are not many SPDY-enabled websites.

For Firefox one can do this..but there is no reason to..be more concerned about TLS.

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763163

I only have SPDY on SeaMonkey and earlier today I disabled it in about:config. That was after I tried to install the SPDY indicator 2.1 and it won't install on SM.
»addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox···/?src=ss

So, I disabled SPDY as I would want to know when it is being used. Then I went to SM support newsgroup and asked about the extension and if/when it will be available for Sea Monkey or if there is a trick to get it working now on SM. I got one reponse so far and it was "Huh"? Someone who didn't know about SPDY like I didn't until this thread.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

2 edits