spc
Search similar:

uniqs

waldoooo
join:2001-12-15
Fountain Valley, CA

waldoooo

NFL announcers

just watched the Packers vs Bears and in the pregame the announcers way overused the "he's a beast" saying clowning around....kinda annoying to me but who cares who am I

last year they had an annoying(to me) saying that they used a lot, I was trying to tell someone here but I am drawing a complete mental blank on it right now... I keep saying its something similar to "whatchu talkin about willis" but I honestly cant remember what they over used last year...

anybody remember?

thanks

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

Off topic but Joe Buck, Dan Dierdorf and Bob Costas all live about 2 miles from me and occasionally eat at my fast food restaurant.

Actually, I should say "lived" cause Costas recently moved to California when his HBO show took off and other network duties made traveling too much, and Dierdorf moved to Florida as semi-retirement but I think he still owns his home here in St. Louis.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to waldoooo

Premium Member

to waldoooo
said by waldoooo:

just watched the Packers vs Bears

You're a trooper. That game was ugly.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to waldoooo

Premium Member

to waldoooo
said by waldoooo:

just watched the Packers vs Bears and in the pregame the announcers way overused the "he's a beast" saying clowning around....kinda annoying to me but who cares who am I

Yes, Michael Irvin is annoying.

However, the actual play by play and colour guys last night were very, very good.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to waldoooo

Premium Member

to waldoooo
The "local" guys, the ones that call the Panthers games here, are so bland and boring, I can't stand it.

Listening to the others lick Peyton's jock at every opportunity is also very annoying.

Insight6
join:2012-08-25

Insight6 to waldoooo

to waldoooo
Listening to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman as one pair and Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth as another also is a pleasure. For some others it is best just to turn off sound and switch to radio broadcast as the audio for the televised game.

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards to waldoooo

to waldoooo
I also like NFL Thurs team now Brad Nessler and Mike Maylock

tao
Frazzlebats
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Lansing, MI

tao to waldoooo

Premium Member

to waldoooo
Jon Gruden must go, negative things happen in the world dude, get over not talking about them.

Chris Collinsworth is the absolute best.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by tao:

Jon Gruden must go, negative things happen in the world dude, get over not talking about them.

Chris Collinsworth is the absolute best.

I love Gruden's quarterback school, which is a show on ESPN2. He goes through film with young QBs and shows them what they're doing wrong.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to waldoooo

Premium Member

to waldoooo
I really like Collinsworth and Michaels. They seem to ramp up the level of excitement for big plays.
I can tolerate Gruden and the Monday Night gang.
I can tolerate most of the Sunday afternoon guys, even Simms.

I do not like Aikman and Buck. Never have, probably never will.

Can't help on the "whatch talkin' 'bout willis?" phrase. I can't remember hearing it from anybody.

waldoooo
Fountain Valley, CA

waldoooo

it wasn't that but I keep drawing a blank on what it was......it was some kind of catch phrase from a player or ex player that caught on, for some reason it annoyed me from day one and they used it a lot last year....kind of frustrating that I can't remember what it was

pretty sure it was always used in pregame type stuff, not during the game but I am not positive

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards to waldoooo

to waldoooo
I got sick of "he got JACKED UP!!!!" they kept using

waldoooo
Fountain Valley, CA

waldoooo

hah finally heard it again..... C'mon man........ really don't know why its so annoying to me but it is

AZ_OGM
join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ

AZ_OGM to waldoooo

to waldoooo
I don't know of anybody who likes Joe Buck as a sportscaster. He is bad covering football, even worse with baseball. Even though I had to endure him for the World Series, my brain squelched out his (and McCarver's) voice to where all I could hear was the crowd noise.
It's almost as if the only reason he has a job is because his dad was a legend in the field.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by AZ_OGM:

I don't know of anybody who likes Joe Buck as a sportscaster. He is bad covering football, even worse with baseball. Even though I had to endure him for the World Series, my brain squelched out his (and McCarver's) voice to where all I could hear was the crowd noise.
It's almost as if the only reason he has a job is because his dad was a legend in the field.

He definitely got his first real broadcasting job with the Cardinals because of his dad, but Jack never worked for Fox.