spc
uniqs

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno to mbernste

Anon

to mbernste

Re: [iO] NFL Free Preview Coming On September 16

No one cares about WPIX. The quality of its programming has deteroriated so much I dont hear anyone complaining that its gone. To me anyway Antenna TV has more value than WPIX. I wouldnt be the least bit sad if WPIX was permanently replaced with something else and based on the lack of outrage from other subscribers I think most would agree. This doesnt rival FOX, Scripps or ABC.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by ilsno :

To me anyway Antenna TV has more value than WPIX.

You're not going to get one without the other, which is why I'd like to see this dispute resolved. I think even Tribune is giving up. Their ads on radio have disappeared and the dispute is slowly being de-emphasized on WPIX's web site.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

said by mbernste:

said by ilsno :

You're not going to get one without the other, which is why I'd like to see this dispute resolved. I think even Tribune is giving up. Their ads on radio have disappeared and the dispute is slowly being de-emphasized on WPIX's web site.

Yeah, and meanwhile, channel 114 has been a non-stop looping message without audio advising of the Tribune dispute. A complete wasteful use of a channel. I still maintain Cablevision should do the same thing with 114 as they have with channel 11. For an entire month, Cablevision subscribers have paid the same rate, but have been reduced one channel. Does anyone care about that, or am I being stupid in thinking that is wrong? I'm not suggesting CV bow to Tribune. In fact, I think CV is right on this one, and was right in the beginning of all the other recent disputes. But I do think they owe their paying subscribers more than just the typical, "we apologize for the inconvenience"
cabletecht
join:2012-06-08

cabletecht

said by SirQAM :

said by mbernste:

said by ilsno :

Yeah, and meanwhile, channel 114 has been a non-stop looping message without audio advising of the Tribune dispute. A complete wasteful use of a channel. I still maintain Cablevision should do the same thing with 114 as they have with channel 11. For an entire month, Cablevision subscribers have paid the same rate, but have been reduced one channel. Does anyone care about that, or am I being stupid in thinking that is wrong? I'm not suggesting CV bow to Tribune. In fact, I think CV is right on this one, and was right in the beginning of all the other recent disputes. But I do think they owe their paying subscribers more than just the typical, "we apologize for the inconvenience"

I'm sure in several occasions cablevision has added channels without you seeing in increase in your bill for that month or the rest of the year. But you think you deserve some sort of credit for a few channels going black while they actually try and work out a deal that won't require a huge increase in price in the future for you?

What do you want from them? You agree with what they are doing, and you understand the reason they are doing it...but you still want some sort of compensation.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

said by cabletecht:

I'm sure in several occasions cablevision has added channels without you seeing in increase in your bill for that month or the rest of the year. But you think you deserve some sort of credit for a few channels going black while they actually try and work out a deal that won't require a huge increase in price in the future for you?

What do you want from them? You agree with what they are doing, and you understand the reason they are doing it...but you still want some sort of compensation.

You're right. Cablevision added Disney Junior, Telicare, and Jewelry Television. After those adds, I saw no increase in the bill

CV demonstrated they can substitute programming in these disputes by doing so on channel 11. I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing on channel 114.

Likely the dispute will end when CW starts putting pressure on WPIX. But right now that is speculation and not a guarantee. I have said before that CV demonstrated good-will by substituting programming on channel 11, and I think they would demonstrate even more by replicating their action with respect to channel 114.