"Comcast 50"

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2

Comcast? Don't you mean Xfinity?

As noted previously, the speed currently doesn't necessarily migrate from system to system. 'Xfinity 15' may work for you and I, but elsewhere it may be 'Xfinity 12' or 'Xfinity 8' or......

At least they are getting conformance in verbiage for the tiers. They have established the hierarchy regardless of speeds, whether they eventually achieve parity across the country with the speeds remains to be seen.

Economy Plus remains the same, what about just plain Economy?
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to JigglyWiggly

Re: Comcast Tier Names Changing

said by JigglyWiggly:

or just call them by the appropriate megabits
or does that make too much sense

"Comcast 15"
"Comcast 50"

How does this account for the *upload* part ???

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to THZNDUP

Re: Comcast? Don't you mean Xfinity?

said by THZNDUP:

'Xfinity 15' may work for you and I ...

It doesn't work for 'she and I'; but it does work for 'her and me'!
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

THZNDUP
Premium
Lard

said by NormanS:

said by THZNDUP:

I'm sorry but that went right over my head, or thru it without even slowing down......

I was going by JigglyWiggly See Profile's location of Pleasanton CA, that probably has the same available tiers I do on the other side of the Altamont Pass.
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by THZNDUP:

said by NormanS:

said by THZNDUP:

I'm sorry but that went right over my head, or thru it without even slowing down......

Dang. The humor only works if "thou hadst" paid attention in school ...

"She", "I": Subjective pronouns; actors.
"Her", "me": Objective pronouns; recipients of actions.

"She and I did"..."it was done to her and me".

Unlike first and third person personal pronouns (she/her, I/me), the second person personal pronoun (you) is not case-sensitive now. In older times it was (thou/thee: "Thou didst", "it was done to thee").
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

join:2000-10-10
Decatur, GA
reply to JigglyWiggly

just call them by the appropriate megabits

I agree. I have the $62.95 a month tier, but have no idea what speed I'm supposed to have. I bet if I call Comcast and ask twice, I'll get two different answers.

I also have no idea how the promo price of $29.95 a month jumps to 62.95 a month after 6 months. I knew it would go up, but doubling the price is ridiculous.

Anyhow, it isn't any better than my old 1.5MB Earthlink DSL that was $29.95. Netflix still stalls and re-buffers, which is why I switched to Comcast. Now I pay more for the same problem.

I say, fancy new name = fancy new price.

THZNDUP
Premium
Lard
reply to NormanS

Re: Comcast? Don't you mean Xfinity?

Oh, OK. I was being too literal and vaporlocked on 'Xfinity 15'.

In hindsight (and with your prodding), I now realize I should have used 'me and you'.........

--

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to 8744675

said by 8744675:

just call them by the appropriate megabits

I agree. I have the $62.95 a month tier, but have no idea what speed I'm supposed to have. I bet if I call Comcast and ask twice, I'll get two different answers.

I also have no idea how the promo price of $29.95 a month jumps to 62.95 a month after 6 months. I knew it would go up, but doubling the price is ridiculous.

Anyhow, it isn't any better than my old 1.5MB Earthlink DSL that was $29.95. Netflix still stalls and re-buffers, which is why I switched to Comcast. Now I pay more for the same problem.

I say, fancy new name = fancy new price.

You're suppose to get at least 12-15mbps download speed. You're on the Performance tier.

I was getting 2.70mbps with att, and Netflix would play in HD, got the switched to CC and got the Performance tier and I can watch Netflix and ESPN3 on Xbox Live in HD with no problems, if I want I can watch a Youtube video in HD at the same time.