share rss forum feed

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

[PvP] Immer is leveling a pvp toon...

Bet you didn't see that coming. blame/credit Venom1 See Profile.

It's not completely legit, but while goofing during an office lunch, Scaith and I were joking about current events on the news... and someone (not sure who) made a reference to power puff girls. We laughed at it (because the topic at hand was actually fairly serious, so the moment of levity was needed) and then the thought of, "that'd be a funny 3v3 stunt".

So, I now have a female gnome disc priest named Búbbles.
Venom1 See Profile created a female gnome lock named Búttercup.
My wife created a female nome frost mage named Blóssom.

I know the abilities don't line up with the character abilities, nor class colors, but we wanted gnomes and toons we could actually play well, so there ya go. At lvl 14 the 3 of us were wrecking AB. It was actually kinda fun. The best part was waiting for the BG to start and seeing people slowly catch on to the theme... We also did some dungeons last night (I soooooo prefer pve) and had fun with it. This morning, I had my engineer toon create the mechanical squirrel.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04

When you killed someone did you commence to tea bagging them? If not, you should try it. It makes pvp more enjoyable

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by Vinceruos_t:

When you killed someone did you commence to tea bagging them? If not, you should try it. It makes pvp more enjoyable

Sounds more like a time waste to bag em.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to Immer

Say it ain't so! Was it the influence of the full moon, temporary insanity, alcohol??

Seriously, though, good luck Arathi Basin is a patience-testing battleground.

When I DO PvP, I love Warsong Gulch - the days when it was not a timed event were the best
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Vinceruos_t

said by Vinceruos_t:

seriously... it's like you don't even know me, man. It will be much less fun when Penance isn't OP... and I start getting focused at the start of every skirmish.

said by Rhenai:

Say it ain't so! Was it the influence of the full moon, temporary insanity, alcohol??

I think our approach is goofy/funny enough for me not to care what anyone else is doing. My wife was having fun, and that is all that matters to me.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to Immer

I know that is how I leveled my little gnomie rogue - battlegrounds, got her to 80 that way. Nothing funnier than to see the gnome stealthed and sneaking up on you, their tiny little legs running

Then just didn't know what direction to do with her, so she went back to her bank and is watching it gather dust.
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

Well... we could use a male gnome to fill in as "Mayor" (he'd have to be an engineer so he can tmog the spyglass helm). We should also get someone to roll a male human paladin named 'Utonium' with "Professor" title.

okay... the silliness is awesome.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to Immer

I do have a male mage gnome and a human paladin.

But I suck at PvP lol

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

awesome. what name did you get the male gnome?

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to Immer

Watch out, you may end addicted to PvP.

I have always loved cute names/toons in PvP. You three could even tranmog for the same look.....

I keep my main 85 in pink for PvP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by Cake:

You three could even tranmog for the same look.....

That's the plan. we'll be using tmog to get the appropriate colors for each powerpuff girl.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Immer

This is the Tmogg Guide that I plan to use, at least to see the cloth armor sets quickly.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Immer

I’m sure you’ll have some fun, especially playing with who you have an obvious synergy with.

In a BG environment, all are willing participants who want to challenge their abilities against yours, and it’s a more noble pursuit than it gets credit for.

Some of the most relaxing an fun experiences I’ve had is in BG environments with a couple of close friends. The common misconception is everyone is blasting Rage Against the Machine and mashing their keyboards with frothing mouths. That may describe some, but that’s why you make gnomes with pinky pony tails……at least I do, lol. For me, it’s a Zen experience. The more relaxed we were, the more into the now…the better we played as a team. It’s continuous problem solving with an ever evolving puzzle which happens to have a thought process…..and a bunch of well-armed friends.

So when you can’t kill that Holy Pally, and those two rogues lock you down and make you feel like an amateur….enjoy it, own it and figure out how to return the favor……or just run, it’s just a viable sometimes.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

I hear ya, and I hope it works out this way. I don't like bearing this seething hatred of a portion of this game.

It will be interesting to see how the OP classes evolve. Right now I'm far less concerned about paladins... it's the disc priest and resto shaman that need to get focused hard (first 2 brackets of BG).

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to Venom1

google WoW ropeplay gear

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

awesome. what name did you get the male gnome?

You should know it by now.. Magicrunt?