Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

XNemesis

join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON
reply to XNemesis

Re: [Cable] Faster Cable tiers?

I checked out the 150Mb package from rogers...wow, only 250Gb for that speed. I wonder what the reasoning is for such measly caps? Is it that much more expensive to offer even double that or is it even a matter of price?

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Taylortbb:

From what I've heard (but I haven't confirmed this myself) they'll only come after TekSavvy switches to aggregated. Which is in progress but an expensive and complex transition. I think still waiting on the CRTC relating to interconnect pricing.

Teksavvy wants to delay the switch to Aggregated POI IIRC... I'd rather pay more so they can get the switch done sooner. Doesn't make sense to continue to expand an old technology when the switch to Aggregated POI has to be done sooner or later.

said by XNemesis:

I checked out the 150Mb package from rogers...wow, only 250Gb for that speed. I wonder what the reasoning is for such measly caps? Is it that much more expensive to offer even double that or is it even a matter of price?

Why do you think Robellus now charges $73/$75 for more or less the same 6GB Super Plan that they offered last month for around $60?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to XNemesis

said by XNemesis:

Yeah that cap is a joke. It can be hit in under 4 hours at full speed.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to XNemesis

said by XNemesis:

RIGHT ON MAN 27 minutes of internet before you get an overage and pay lose your house and mortgage to pay rogers OH CAN I SIGN UP FOR THAT?

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to creed3020

said by creed3020:

said by XNemesis:

Yeah that cap is a joke. It can be hit in under 4 hours at full speed.

250,000 megabytes time 8 = 2 million megabits /150 = seconds
222 minutes of net use OR just over 3 hrs
considering i can buy a 4tb a month dedicated 100 megabit for less then you pay a month well i guess they are over charging....and don't forget bibics admission that iptv goes over the same net and they charged 9.99 for essentially a unmetered 25/7 megabit service
so it costs very very little to profit from.