how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Killersaurus

join:2012-09-17
reply to Telco

Re: Switched to Virgin

Yeah, the US gets ripped. This is well known, yet people rarely do anything about it. I think the Virgin Mobile plan is about as cheap as you can get. For $35 you get:

-300 minutes (I don't come close)
-unlimted text
-unlimited data (up to 2.5 GB before they start to throttle)

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Reviews:
·Callcentric

said by Killersaurus:

Yeah, the US gets ripped. This is well known, yet people rarely do anything about it. I think the Virgin Mobile plan is about as cheap as you can get. For $35 you get:

VM comes close but what I absolutely hate about them is their ridiculous NO BYOD policy. In addition, they offer no option to roam for voice.

The issue with value carriers here is that rather than learn from the European and Asian model, they prefer to price close to the large carriers but just offer unlimited.

Like most people, I don't want or need unlimited and would like a plan like the ones above.

en103

join:2011-05-02
reply to Killersaurus

I have 2 lines on AT&T with unlimited data*, 450 minutes of voice + n/w, and we don't use TXT (too old school). and pay $94/month after taxes/discounts.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Does Virgin use Sprint or do they have truly nationwide coverage? I'm on boost and there's no service in ft walton beach.

-Rob

Telco

Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to en103

said by en103:

I have 2 lines on AT&T with unlimited data*, 450 minutes of voice + n/w, and we don't use TXT (too old school). and pay $94/month after taxes/discounts.

$130 is the minimum today + taxes, fees, BS profit generating charges etc etc.

Telco

Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

Does Virgin use Sprint or do they have truly nationwide coverage? I'm on boost and there's no service in ft walton beach.

Much like Boost, Virgin uses Sprint only - no roaming.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to Killersaurus

Come to Japan if you think you pay too much for your wireless service.

unoriginal
Premium
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA
reply to Telco

The Boost and Virgin Mobile brands are both owned by Sprint. So of course they use Sprint's network.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

1 recommendation

reply to Killersaurus

said by Killersaurus:

-300 minutes (I don't come close)
-unlimted text
-unlimited data (up to 2.5 GB before they start to throttle)

Virgin Mobile sucks the biggest a** of any wireless service I've ever used. Actually, it wasn't even me using it, but my kid. Will NEVER touch that company again!!

My Boost cost me $35 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING!!!!

Any one spending $100 for wireless phone, unless it's some massive sharing plan, is an absolute pickle, in my mind.

From what I've ever seen with anyone using the newest gadgetry on phones, most of them don't have a clue what they're doing and only bought it because they think they're cool! Most don't have any concept of value for the dollar or common sense, basically.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
reply to Telco

Most prepaid in the US, excludes roaming Ting would be one exception I know of, that's why I choose to go with Straight Talk and an AT&T sim, their network is much bigger than T-mobile or Sprint so not having roaming isn't as big of a deal.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
reply to Telco

Now that TMobile has ul data, maybe they can start using their service. I don't understand why the prepaids use sprint. I lose service in town!

I hope that TMobile's prepaid will offer ul data in the future, 5 gigs for $70.00s is more expensive then their 69.99 value plan (one penny)

-rob