spc
uniqs

fan13027
join:2008-10-26
Kelowna, BC

fan13027 to inGearX

to inGearX

Re: charge your devices with fruits

I'm surprised that nobody has yet asked (what to me seems) the obvious question. What costs more? The electricity (from a normal wall plug or your computer's USB port) to charge your IPod, or buying an apple, a tangerine, and a banana?

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Because there's an obvious answer for that -- the fruits will cost a heck of a lot more.

imanon
@comcast.net

imanon

Anon

I'm sorry, but is this real, or is this some new level of Internet trolling I have not seen before?

I understand the concept of fruit powering low-load electronics, like a small LCD timer, etc - but charging an iPOD, really?

... only 2 of the 4 pins in a USB connector are for power/charging (normally 5VDC) the other 2 are for USB data, so am I to believe that just "shorting those out" in the banana is acceptable?

Serious side questions: If I use fruit to power whatever, does the fruit taste as good, and with the same amount of nutrients, if I have enough courage to eat it afterwards? or have all the good bits run out? is the part nearest the nail or wire any "better" for me to eat?

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason

Of course this is a spoof.

You cant just shove a USB connector into a banana (Even with special twist-tie wires connected to other fruits) and expect anything more than a violated banana, and a gooey USB connector.

I saw a video once on how to clean your Hard Drive, by taking it apart and putting the main pieces in the Dishwasher.

Top rack only tho.. The lower rack is just too strong for most HDs..

-Jason

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

what you mean, the banana is the usb interface?

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason

No.. You cant use a banana for a USB interface..

Anyone knows that..

..You have to use A kiwi.