uniqs
share rss forum feed

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit
reply to facepalm

Re: Rebuild Time Is Upon Me

Thanks for the update. I was just reading the thread cause GW2 has done the same thing to me. I am running a rig I built in early 2008. It served me well but has hit the wall on some of these new games.

I just ordered my upgrade yesterday(some come tomorrow, the rest on Friday). I went with...

Cooler Master HAF 922 case
Intel i5 3570K
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB low profile
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler(because of this, I had to reorder the Corsair low profile version of the Above RAM)
ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard
EVGA GTX670 FTW(already had this)

I could have gone cheaper on the motherboard but I wanted the 3rd PCI express 2.0 slot for my Areca 1220 raid card and I liked the feature set.

Also those who saw me post in another thread about buying the GTX570, since I knew I was upgrading, I went with the 670 instead.

Keep us up to date. Since it's been a while for me as well, I'm not sure how my build will go.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
Chuck_IV,

Hardware installation was actually fun this time around. Connections on boards are clearly marked and Youtube has provided plenty of help. NewEgg has a series of how-to videos on Youtube. Good stuff.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
It's wonderful how "easy" it is now. I was scared to do it on my own. My friend told me it was as easy as putting legos together. I love me some legos though this stuff cost more =(.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to facepalm
said by facepalm:

Chuck_IV,

Hardware installation was actually fun this time around. Connections on boards are clearly marked and Youtube has provided plenty of help. NewEgg has a series of how-to videos on Youtube. Good stuff.

Yep, Newegg helped me a lot of the software install.

I had never built a PC before. It was a breeze after watching those videos.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

It's wonderful how "easy" it is now. I was scared to do it on my own. My friend told me it was as easy as putting legos together. I love me some legos though this stuff cost more =(.

Haha not really. You see the prices of Legos lately? Those fuckers are knockin heads off for some sets. I can buy a damn motherboard and ram for cheaper then some full Lego sets.