All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to BasicCable43

to BasicCable43

Re: [iO] Basic Cable will require digital box?

The flat panel will get basic cable. Cablevision will usually offer I think up to 3 boxes for free for 1 or 2 years as an offer when that area goes digital.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2

You can get as many boxes for free as you need. Free for 2 years if you don't already have any cable boxes. Free for 1 year if you already have one or more.

Pppp
@optonline.net

Pppp

Anon

Or 2dollar a month dta boxes when they come out.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

My elderly uncle, who is on the Bergen/Cresskill system, was told the SA4200 box he got was only free for one year starting in July 2012. Why are some subscribers getting two years and others only one year? Is there an appeal under these contradicting circumstances?
SirQAM

SirQAM to Pppp

Anon

to Pppp
I forgot to include in my last post that he also only subscribes to Broadcast Basic.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2

If you already have cableboxes you only get them free for a year. If you don't have any boxes then you get them free for two years.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

My uncle had no cable boxes prior to picking up the one in July due to the Analog shut-off. During that visit, they told him one year free. Should he call CV corporate?
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

He got at least one letter in the mail. What did it say?

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

The letter my uncle received mentioned "one year" of free cable box rental. But as I read this thread, I see some subscribers in the same situation were provided two years. That appears to me to be a discrepancy. I do not object to anyone getting two or even more years free, in fact I think it is the right thing to do. However, if that is available to some, I don't understand why others are limited to one year...
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

You can call and ask, but chances are the person you talk to is not empowered to satisfy customers and all you'll be accomplishing will be to increase your blood pressure.