dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from good ISPs in Houston, Texas(not bundled)

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to GoRaptors

Premium Member

to GoRaptors

Re: good ISPs in Houston, Texas(not bundled)

There are only a few areas around Houston that have FIOS, mainly around Baytown and League City where Verizon is the landline phone company. Most of the Houston area, including where your buddy is in is in At&t territory. Other cities surrounding Houston will have either At&t, Verizon, Windstream, Consolidated, or Century Link. The closest thing At&t has to FIOS is U-Verse (I personally call it "CrapVerse.") If he has the choice between At&t and Comcast, I would choose Comcast. I have FIOS at my house near Dallas and it is the best ISP I have ever had, but my parents have had U-Verse in Houston and it sucks.

As for other options, there are not many besides the cellular providers and satellite lol. There are a few CLEC's and re-sellers of either At&t or Comcast's networks including Earthlink and DSL Extreme.
GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors

Awesomesauce! Thanks SO much! Kind of lesser of 2 evils eh? Lolz! Ah wells! Hopefully should still be better then "clear"(there *are* some advantages to clear though! Lolz!) Mucho appreciated! :P! ! xD!