spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

staspmr

join:2012-09-20

Rogers still throttling bittorrent?

Hey guys, I am interested in getting rogers 12MB cable. I am wondering, do people still experience throttling issues? How is it compared to bell?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
Rogers is removing it, but they're not done yet. You may or may not have throttling in your area right now.

Rogers Agent

@eastlink.ca
reply to staspmr
No, Rogers does not throttle download speeds on Torrents, only the Upload is currently set at 80Kbps, which will also soon change by the end of the year as the CRTC as demanded they remove it.

12 Mbps package should pull 1.5MBps download on Torrents (Before any speed boost), depending on the file, etc.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to staspmr
Rogers no longer has an in market 12mbps tier unless you sign up for their student promo.

staspmr

join:2012-09-20
reply to Rogers Agent
not sure what the speed boost is and how it works for torrents? yyzlhr, the student promo is exactly what I am planning to get.

was offered 12MB with 300gb bandwidth for $42 and a 100 credit or 18MB with 140GB for $46
Currently paying $40 for Bell 25/10MB with 125GB bandwidth. Very happy, except for bandwidth and cost. I figure the 100 credit will bring the price down to about $32/month for 8months and then I can switch again.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to staspmr
Works fine for me, but I rarely use torrents - they're more like an act of desperation when I really can't find what I'm looking for through "proper channels".

Keep in mind that torrents will only go as fast as the uploaders can upload, so you don't necessarily get the "maximum advertised speed" (or even close) when downloading torrents.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to staspmr
Bookmarked this a couple weeks ago. I'd credit whoever originally posted it, but I didn't think to make a note of their name!

»promo.orderrogers.ca/trafficmana···-traffic

Just put in your postal code and it should tell you whether you're throttled or not.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to staspmr
Have a look at this page:
»www.rogers.com/web/content/netwo···nagement
You can check to see if Jolly Rogers is still screwing with your traffic at this link:
»www.rogers.com/traffic

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Apparently they haven't removed it here, but I get decent speeds when I use it. May have something to do with overall traffic in the area.

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
reply to staspmr
although they said they have removed mine but still there..

check out my other thread..

»Rogers throttling p2p even though it says they don't