All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Rogers Agent
@eastlink.ca

Rogers Agent to mozerd

Anon

to mozerd

Re: [Extreme Plus] Rogers Ultimate - which modem to rent?

Whomever you spoke to @ rogers fooled you when they said that you would be upgraded 'automatically'.

Ultimate - 75 Mbps Down / 2 Mbps Up - $99.99 / Month
(Possibly 10 Mbps Upload if you're in a 64 QAM area with bonded upstream channels)

New Ultimate - 150 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - $122.99 / Month

Just an FYI.

What area are you in? Their is a list that I have I found online as to which nodes will be upgraded and approx when.
elconcho
join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

elconcho

The rep I spoke to said that my pricing would be grandfathered and my service would roll to the new speeds by the end of the year. There is no "new ultimate" package. This is what they do for mobile packages so I'm inclined to believe the rep.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to Rogers Agent

to Rogers Agent
said by Rogers Agent :

What area are you in? Their is a list that I have I found online as to which nodes will be upgraded and approx when.

Does the list include Brantford, and if so, what's the ETA there?

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx to elconcho

to elconcho
said by elconcho:

The rep I spoke to said that my pricing would be grandfathered and my service would roll to the new speeds by the end of the year.

So now Rogers is saying the 75/2 guys will get the 150/10 for $99 and everyone else pays $122.99?

Does that actually sound realistic to anybody?

In 10 years I've never seen Rogers grandfather prices on any NEW Internet tier. Sure, we've seen the odd downstream speed bump but a whole new tier for the old price? Can't see it.

Could just be me. I don't believe a word these reps are now saying..............
elconcho
join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

elconcho to Rogers Agent

to Rogers Agent
said by Rogers Agent :

I'm in the Runnymede area