cbourdeau

join:2011-12-14
Chateauguay, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Acanac
reply to BigBlarg

Re: Videotron Speed at 10pm Montreal Area

Yep I also asked that they check if any speed limiting actions where taken by them in the last days and to check the status on their link to Videotron to make sure it's not the bottle neck.

They opened a ticket with Videotron and they basically blew them off because I use P2P and had large amounts of data transfered from and to my computer. Comming from Videotron, I guess more than 50gb is a lot of data...

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
said by cbourdeau:

They opened a ticket with Videotron and they basically blew them off because I use P2P and had large amounts of data transfered from and to my computer. Comming from Videotron, I guess more than 50gb is a lot of data...

As if this could explain the slowdowns

cbourdeau

Chateauguay, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Acanac
Well it could if I was the only one affected and didn't stop my torrents when doing speed tests... But that's not the case. I just hope that the cable support checked that their link with videotron wasn't maxed out during this time before contacting videotron..

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
reply to cbourdeau
said by cbourdeau:

They opened a ticket with Videotron and they basically blew them off because I use P2P

can't you file a complaint for that?

cbourdeau

Chateauguay, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Acanac
Where can I file a complaint? If it comes to that I might, but for now my ticket is not closed at Acanac so we'll see what the next move will be. Up to now Glenna has done a good job and I don't think that she'll let me down just now...

In the last 2 days I made speed tests at different times and recorded the speeds. It clearly shows that the later it gets in the evening, the slower the speeds. She wants me to send it to her so she can forward it to Videotron...

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
said by cbourdeau:

I made speed tests at different times and recorded the speeds.

You can register to speedtest.net
That way, all the speed tests will be saved in your account and you won't have to "record" them. I hope you weren't talking about an actual video! haha

cbourdeau

Chateauguay, QC
No, in a txt file...

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
Oh, phew. LOL!