dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy

Re: [Opinion] What Passbook needs to succeed...

Used passbook this morning at the airport to display a United boarding pass ... Works great ... And is going to get better...:

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

wished that all (most) merchants with key tags, etc., were ready on day #1...not the initial 7, or so

wished that you could scan in your key tag (like you can do with third party apps)

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

said by haroldo:

wished that you could scan in your key tag (like you can do with third party apps)

Yeah that would be cool...use your camera as a barcode scanner like some of the other apps. Then populate the PB coupon with the info.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
said by dennismurphy:

Used passbook this morning at the airport to display a United boarding pass ... Works great ... And is going to get better...:

I dont understand how Passbook is better than the United app itself, especially when you have to install the app to use PB.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

On a one to one basis, it's not any better.
However...and theoretically, if you have 30-40 gift cards, movie passes, concert tickets, subscribe to coupons from various stores, airline boarding passes and a whole lot of other stuff, it's a great convenience.
But, if you don't have all this... or only have one or two gift cards, just stick them in your wallet and ignore Passbook.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to The Dv8or

Premium Member

to The Dv8or
said by The Dv8or:

said by dennismurphy:

I dont understand how Passbook is better than the United app itself, especially when you have to install the app to use PB.

Only 1 reason ... It shows up on the lock screen. To use the UA app, I have to unlock the phone, launch the app, click on mobile BP - all as I approach the TSA rentacop.

With passbook I don't even have to unlock - just swipe across the BP and it's open.

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

said by The Dv8or:

said by dennismurphy:

Only 1 reason ... It shows up on the lock screen. To use the UA app, I have to unlock the phone, launch the app, click on mobile BP - all as I approach the TSA rentacop.

With passbook I don't even have to unlock - just swipe across the BP and it's open.

Agreed. And that's one thing that actually works right now.