Interesting

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I can't always get away with looking at my smart phone, but this page is just an alt tab away on my work pc! Anyway thanks for posting! That is awesome news and is a compelling reason to consider getting a WiiU. Good move by Nintendo.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

3 edits
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by bionicRod:

Pretty cool tv functionality. I wonder if that will work with a telco, satellite or cable dvr? I haven't had a tivo for years.

I don't watch a lot of tv but if my better half sees that we'll be getting one.

I believe the articles I posted pretty much answer your questions.

Yeah, well I'm at work and they're websensed.

Then do what I do. Check them on your smartphone.

Because I like you, I'll copy and paste the main snippets for you.

said by »www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/ninte···-and-di/ :

Nintendo TVii supported by 'all' major US, Canadian cable and dish companies

Nintendo's director of strategic partnerships, Zach Fountain, has said Nintendo TVii will support "all" cable and dish carriers in the US and Canada. Speaking with Engadget, the executive said the only requirement for signing up is entering your cable or dish provider account information into the Wii U.

DVR and TiVO functionality will work in a similar manner, with subscribers inputting information via web, with functionality then accessible through Wii U.

said by »www.computerandvideogames.com/36···evision/ :

Users can access Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon TV streams, as well as live TV, and even access their Tivo player.

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Wow! That's really pretty neat. Though a demo such as this needs to be taken at face value, the IDEA is sweet, make your wii-u the center of your entertainment system, but let's see how it plays out. I don't have a tivo, but I DO have a DVR. Built in Harmony-like features for the Wii-u-mote would be pretty sweet.

This brings me back to what I said before about Nintendo being innovative, and not so much caring about pure graphics. This adds a whole new depth to the remote on it, and if what they're looking at here comes to fruition, then Nintendo could do really well with this system.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by bionicRod:

Pretty cool tv functionality. I wonder if that will work with a telco, satellite or cable dvr? I haven't had a tivo for years.

Yeah, well I'm at work and they're websensed.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to bionicRod
What I wanna know is if that wii u tablet thing will have multi touch functionality and be ips...

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Alpha Phoenix

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit
reply to danawhitaker
Wow!!!

»www.computerandvideogames.com/36···evision/

»www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/ninte···-and-di/

»www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/nint···r-wii-u/

»www.slashgear.com/nintendo-tvii-···3247469/

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=08O0G9CjcI8

--

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

quote:
Also doesn't play Blu-ray or DVDs.

People still buy Blue-ray/DVDs?

But you still have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, youtube streaming services.
But I agree, not being able to play physical media could be a bother for some.

Though with the SD card slot, one could always rip their DVDs and put them on a SD card. Then use that to play on the Wii U[If the Wii U can play that file format].

Considering the amount of bandwidth HD video content eats up, and the fact that more and more ISPs (my own included) are starting to throw down the cap gauntlet, yes, that could be a gamebreaker for some people who watch a lot of movies and television. Not to mention there are plenty of people who live in regions where there aren't a lot of ISP choices and speeds aren't high enough to support streaming in HD very well.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to 88615298
quote:
Also doesn't play Blu-ray or DVDs.

People still buy Blue-ray/DVDs?

But you still have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, youtube streaming services.
But I agree, not being able to play physical media could be a bother for some.

Though with the SD card slot, one could always rip their DVDs and put them on a SD card. Then use that to play on the Wii U[If the Wii U can play that file format].
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.