Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to Alex J

Premium Member

to Alex J

Re: Fight On Comcast

said by Alex J :

I hate to defend Comcast here but why should they be forced to provide service to deadbeats who don't pay their bills?

Comcast proposed this entire idea themselves.

But the conditions of the service being offered (barring other difficulties) required that the customer in question not owe money to Comcast. When it comes to persons who do owe money to Comcast, why should Comcast be compelled to offer this or any other kind of service?

Alex J
@apexcovantage.com

Alex J

Anon

When it comes to persons who do owe money to Comcast, why should Comcast be compelled to offer this or any other kind of service?

That was one of a dozen conditions that Comcast knew would make the impact minimal. If they're going to offer to do it, I see no problem with making them do it right.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by Alex J :

That was one of a dozen conditions that Comcast knew would make the impact minimal. If they're going to offer to do it, I see no problem with making them do it right.

So then what's the problem? If people are being denied this offer because they owe money to Comcast, then why is it wrong for Comcast to deny them service, as per the terms of the offer?

Alex J
@apexcovantage.com

Alex J

Anon

Because it was all a big ruse. Comcast piled up a list of restrictions (of which owing money is the only part you're focusing on) they knew would mean most people wouldn't qualify. Regulators should do a better job in being hard asses with these companies and not accepting conditions that mean nothing. In grown up countries run by "mature adults," regulators use the M&A approval process to actually get things of worth in negotiations. It's how it works, allowing the benefits of greater wealth for the company with community and societal perks.

In this case there is no problem because Philly called Comcast on their nonsense.