share rss forum feed

Shady Bimmer
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Northport, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Mele20

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.278 is out.

said by Mele20:

Adobe now requires that anyone wanting to access the distribution page must APPLY AS AN OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR and will be send the link to the distribution page via email after their application is reviewed and accepted. This sounds me like Adobe plans to remove the page from public access but just hasn't done so yet.

This has always been the case dating back to when Adobe acquired Macromedia. It was actually very easy to be listed as a distributor, though it needed to be renewed yearly. At one time you actually had to login to get access to the redistributable installer but somewhere along the line a few years ago they made this a public link.

Lets see if this gets censored, but another trick is to use more than one brower. Use IE to download the installer for standalone/plugin (firefox, etc), and a different browser (firefox, etc) to download the IE installer. This gets you around the requirement for using their download manager.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by Shady Bimmer:

...but another trick is to use more than one brower. Use IE to download the installer for standalone/plugin (firefox, etc), and a different browser (firefox, etc) to download the IE installer.

That has never worked for me. No idea why. That's why I used to do this

»Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.278 is out.

and will again if Adobe removes the direct download page.

BTW as an aside I see that Google again (after years) allows direct downloading of Google Earth. I used to use the above trick to get it.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!