uniqs

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Re: When you're not gaming you are...

Awesome replies by all. It is great to see across the board everyone loving spending time with their families (I agree with you TheThing).

@Goggalor - What kind of Guns do you shoot?
@Ghastly - Can you detail my car? haha.
@skydiving - too scary for me

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Still figuring it out. I was medically discharged from the military earlier this year, and still have related surgeries to under-go, so right now I am in a holding pattern and trying to recover.

Ten hour work-days with a 3-hour commute doesn't leave a lot of time to do much at night when you figure in making dinner and work around the house. I try to get a couple games in before bed, but that's it during the week.

My hold-over hobbies are shooting (have my tri-gun set-up) and Crossfit.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Isn't working 10 hours with a 3 hour commute harmful for you?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by I AM:

Isn't working 10 hours with a 3 hour commute harmful for you?

Many things are "harmful" to you in life. But we do what we gotta do to accomplish the mission. The upshot is that I work Tue-Fri, so I get Mondays off.

I read a study recently that said sitting for more than 3 hours a day shortens your life. I don't see anyone changing job schedules because of it.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

I'd love to work 10 hour days if I could get a third day off every week. In fact, I suggested that to my boss just last week. Resistance is strong but I may be able to wear her down over time.

When I'm not gaming I read a lot. I read sci-fi/fantasy books and I have a go to list of web sites with different things to keep me interested.

I watch tons of football (duh) and hockey (sadly, not this year) and work in a few Cardinal games when I can. I also have about a half dozen tv shows that I dvr and watch with my wife. When I sit down on the couch it's funny to watch my kids realize that the computer is open and race to see who can get there first.

I play golf when I get the chance, which isn't all that often. Maybe once or twice a month if I'm lucky. When I was younger I played hockey and softball four or five nights a week.

I do most of the cooking and I'm the enforcer when the kids aren't behaving. I try to make my wife take the kids to their activities but we have four so I end up doing quite a bit of that as well.

I avoid yardwork like the plague, though I did put grass seeds down this weekend. I think it's because my dad always made me get up early and mow the lawn when I was a kid so I grew to absolutely hate it.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
@Kris
What I meant was I read you were discharged medically. Isn't it more harmful to you now with you working those kind of hours.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by I AM:

@Kris
What I meant was I read you were discharged medically. Isn't it more harmful to you now with you working those kind of hours.

Hardly. You can be considered medically unfit for military duty and still be in LE or work an active lifestyle. It basically means the military doesn't want to put up with my injury. They are drastically downsizing and looking for excuses to put people out--at least the Marines are.

I've moved on to bigger or better things, so I didn't fight it like I could have, and I still have the option to go back into the Reserves once I completely recover and get a clean bill of health from my doctor.
tman852
join:2010-07-06
Columbus, OH

tman852

Perfect example.

I couldn't get into any branch because I had a open heart surgery at 11 months old that saved my life. It really isn't a big deal and does not affect me at all whatsoever today, I have no physical restrictions, but I couldn't get a medical waiver for it. Oh well I guess, I'll keep falling out of planes and doing crazy shit on my own time instead of theirs.