ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo to redpepper

Premium Member

to redpepper

Re: Call Forwarding

I was probably given a special promotion. I clicked the link on the softphone which said $19.95. Was forwarded to the checkout page, typed in all the credit card info and was charged $21.35 after sales tax of 7%.

As a challenge a friend of mine bought the GV phone to compare and was charged $18.81 after tax and setup fees.

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

said by ctceo:

As a challenge a friend of mine bought the GV phone to compare and was charged $18.81 after tax and setup fees.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "GV phone" but, as stated by others, the Google Voice service is currently free. I've been using it for several years, even back when it was Grand Central. I've never paid so much as a dime to use it. GVJack + GV =

As far as the MJ forwarding page being down, I have noticed their web page and/or parts of it go down frequently.

ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

The service is free, yes, however the app is not!

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

When you say "GV phone" I'm not sure what app you're referring to. If it's GVJack, PCPhonesoft has two price points for it, and both are a one-time charge. One is $13 and the other is $20. They often have special deals as well, posted prominently on their main page.

Also, "$18.81 after tax and setup fees" makes me think you might not be referring to the GVJack app? They have no setup fees. (I can't comment on tax.) You buy the program, download it and install it while your MJ dongle is plugged in. You link it to you Google Voice account and you're off to the races. I've never been aware of any setup fees.