openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to CXM_Splicer

Re: Follow the money

It's a partially owned subsidiary.

I'm not sure what you're asking regarding the financing of the business operations. Shooting from the hip I would suggest the financing came from multiple sources, to include cash reserves and debt and equity offerings. I'm sure there's more in the mix, but that's a start.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking regarding the financing of the business operations.

Just keeping in line with the thread and following the money. The simplest answer to my question is 'from the wireline divisions' which further illustrates that, even though it is a partially owned subsidiary, the US portion of VZW is not somehow separate from VZ (which it is often touted as being).

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
said by CXM_Splicer:

The simplest answer to my question is 'from the wireline divisions' which further illustrates that, even though it is a partially owned subsidiary, the US portion of VZW is not somehow separate from VZ (which it is often touted as being).

That is a simplistic, yet not totally accurate answer. VZW is a subsidiary, primarily owned and managed by VZ. Legally, it's a separate company. Operationally, the two are intertwined to the point that there's not a whole lot of distinction between the two. Then again, I think you understand all of this.