Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rmdir

join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL
reply to medbuyer

Re: Speed increase for businss starter - northeast

You have to go to »testmy.net and do a couple of tests with 200 meg download sample size to see what you are truly pulling. Mine is smoking with the speedtest.net test, but reality sets in with testmy.net since it negates Powerboost. I get what I am paying for, nothing more. Even Comcrap tech support admitted the comcast.speedtest.net reading was pure fantasy when I pressed them on it. I wish I'd get 55 Mbps down on our 12/2 connection like their test says.

2nd test was 200 MB, not 20.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

Not sure that I trust testmy.net. I am on a 1Gb connection and they could only serve up 24Mbps to my location.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

said by rmdir:

You have to go to »testmy.net and do a couple of tests with 200 meg download sample size to see what you are truly pulling. Mine is smoking with the speedtest.net test, but reality sets in with testmy.net since it negates Powerboost. I get what I am paying for, nothing more. Even Comcrap tech support admitted the comcast.speedtest.net reading was pure fantasy when I pressed them on it. I wish I'd get 55 Mbps down on our 12/2 connection like their test says.

shaperprobe is still the best way to go....

said by ropeguru:

Not sure that I trust testmy.net. I am on a 1Gb connection and they could only serve up 24Mbps to my location.

I dont trust any speedtests sites at all...

Extide

join:2000-06-11

Shaperprobe isnt much different than a speed test site... It still downloads data from some server on the net and times it...

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9

said by Extide:

Shaperprobe isnt much different than a speed test site... It still downloads data from some server on the net and times it...

Huh ???

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
reply to Extide

said by Extide:

except shaperprobe doesn't count powerboost as data bursts....

the concept maybe the same, but the implementation or process isnt...