Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Don69Fire
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Danville, WV

[Classes] Monks???

has there been anything put out reguarding Monks other than the typical Blizz crap. such as spec's or gear? i made a panda monk just to see how it was on my sons account. after just a couple of hours of doing some questing and then instances it was lvl 30. once i hit instances i literally leveled up 4 or 5 levels in just a matter of minutes. no i did not use any BoA gear and did not use the recruit a friend stuff. i just rolled as a healer and it was almost instant que. i found it very easy to dps and heal all at the same time. but does anyone know of a guide so to speak. its been years since i played WoW. lol.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
Click for full size
Screen capture
»icy-veins.com/mistweaver-monk-wo···ng-guide

If I have time, I'll try to copy and past some of the basics... but as you can see, they've done a great job of breaking down the spec into easily followed links and the like.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island
reply to Don69Fire
Ran an instance with a 87 monk tank last night - I mentioned how fast he leveled and he said something to the effect that there seems to be quests (or some kind of talent) that allows them to level incredibly fast.
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Pandaren race perk, you get more rested XP and bonus, still impossible to get to 90 in a couple of days without RAF

Don69Fire
Premium
Danville, WV
reply to Don69Fire
i just noticed that is low levels, that you mainly had 1 heal spell. all ya had to do was click a tgt 1 time using healbot, and then dps with the rest of the group. the last 2 instances i ran, i was 2nd in dps and done all the heals. even had a ton of over heals. it seems like a good idea for a class, but at current time it is really over powered when compared to other classes.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
currently, disc priest is just as OP at lower levels. One should expect the brand new class to be a little extra shiny at the beginning. At some point, they will get nerfed... or just not buffed when everyone else gets buffed.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to Don69Fire
I'm enjoying playing the panda Windwalker monk. It's been a long time since we've had a completely new class to play so I'm concentrating on just running him up. Now that I'm away from everyone else I can slow down a little and have some fun.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Immer
oh I am pretty sure when the monks hit arena we will see the flurry of nerf posts.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to Don69Fire
Not sure when you last leveled a character but leveling in generally is MUCH faster than it was years ago. Monks also get that daily quest for 50% xps bonus (including quest exp) and double rested exp.

However - 4 or 5 levels in "just a matter of minutes" with no other bonuses? That doesn't sound right? I used recruit-a-friend gift levels to skip to 80 so I didn't experience leveling my monk at 30 but even with the 3x recruit-a-friend exp bonus at level 30 I don't think I ever got more than 2 levels in an instance and at no level did I get 5 levels in 'minutes'.

Don69Fire
Premium
Danville, WV
i wanted to check this again last night and made a new monk just to see how it would take. i done the starting area for pandas and went from lvl 1 to lvl 11 when i left it and it took only 42 minutes.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Don69Fire
Even non-Pandaren monks level pretty fast - after level 20, you get a daily (and a regular quest every 10 levels) that gives you a +50% XP from monsters/quests buff. It persists through death, and doesn't always drop off right away when the timer runs out - I've held onto one for a good 5+ minutes after it "ran out".

That buff in combination with dungeon/dungeon quests can boost xp quite a bit.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to Don69Fire
Not sure how many hours I have played thus far. I would say around 18 or so and I am 63. Started from level one as a Pandaren Monk. I must say, I am loving it.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Don69Fire
Discovered a bug with the channeled healing stream. You can get double ticks per channel if you spam the healing stream. Even though it is channeled, it triggers a GCD. If you can spam the heal every time the GCD is up, you get double heals every tick.

Been using it to make myself invulnerable in PVP. At the lower levels, CC is hard to come by, so it's just spamming channeled heals all day long, staying at 100% mana and laughing as 3 players can't burst you down all day.

I've also found that mistweave DPS is pretty good as well in dungeons. I'm sure it'll suck later on. Stack int/spirit gear. It converts Spirit into hit/expertise and int into spellpower which converts into attack power. Jab x4, Blackout Kick x2, repeat. No energy to manage. Never go oom. Heals the party like mad. I've been topping DPS and healing meters simultaneously in most of my runs. Because of this, leveling as mistweave spec is better for me than leveling as a DPS or tank spec. Same or better damage with a massive amount of self/party heal through your damage.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
Nevermind is the wrong stance.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Archivis
i dont think its a bug arch, it caps at certain amount i did this last night in a horrible stocks run and tank still died with 200hp ticks, of course he was in cat form and didnt speaky engrish so he was replaced shortly after that wipe
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
What "caps" are you talking about? Keep spamming your channeled heal and it'll double tick each time it ticks.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i thought you meant the amount of the tick not how often

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

Not sure how many hours I have played thus far. I would say around 18 or so and I am 63. Started from level one as a Pandaren Monk. I must say, I am loving it.

I'm at just over a day and I'm at 50 but I've been keeping all my profs (skin/leather, cooking/fishing/First aid) at level too. One thing that has definitely helped is the +50% XP buff hangs every day for an extra hour. Just sits at 0 and flashes.
--
$4 gas, 16 Trillion debt, 8.3 unemployed, and record food stamps... this is better than 4 years ago?

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to stonhinge
said by stonhinge:

Even non-Pandaren monks level pretty fast - after level 20, you get a daily (and a regular quest every 10 levels) that gives you a +50% XP from monsters/quests buff. It persists through death, and doesn't always drop off right away when the timer runs out - I've held onto one for a good 5+ minutes after it "ran out".

That buff in combination with dungeon/dungeon quests can boost xp quite a bit.

I had the buff hang out for an extra hour a couple of times and less quite a few times. It stopped happening the last couple of days of leveling I thought maybe they had hotfixed it. When it did happen though I noticed going into a dungeon removed the glitched buff so if you're lucky enough to get it - just keep questing don't take any portals or anything.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Don69Fire
Went into AB on Saturday as a lvl 13 DW windwalker and just staying with the cap and zerg party I went 22 KB's, 1 death. Having alchemy and healing pots, plus the herbalist heal/haste helped, and the only time I died was from a lock chain fearing me with DoT's from him and a Spriest with a hunter pelting me at once.

I am DW with the BoA maces with 15 agil on OH and fiery on MH, at low lvls fiery is OP as it procs almost every hit it seems.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Don69Fire
Premium
Danville, WV
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

Discovered a bug with the channeled healing stream. You can get double ticks per channel if you spam the healing stream. Even though it is channeled, it triggers a GCD. If you can spam the heal every time the GCD is up, you get double heals every tick.

Been using it to make myself invulnerable in PVP. At the lower levels, CC is hard to come by, so it's just spamming channeled heals all day long, staying at 100% mana and laughing as 3 players can't burst you down all day.

I've also found that mistweave DPS is pretty good as well in dungeons. I'm sure it'll suck later on. Stack int/spirit gear. It converts Spirit into hit/expertise and int into spellpower which converts into attack power. Jab x4, Blackout Kick x2, repeat. No energy to manage. Never go oom. Heals the party like mad. I've been topping DPS and healing meters simultaneously in most of my runs. Because of this, leveling as mistweave spec is better for me than leveling as a DPS or tank spec. Same or better damage with a massive amount of self/party heal through your damage.

Arch is correct on the double ticks. i have done this and going with the int, spirit gear and staying in heals mode. i can heal any instance so far and be2nd or 3rd in dps really easy with doing the only heals.

today i rran instances and with the BoA gear and the guild +xp and the 1+ hour monk +xp i got 3 levels in one instance run and was about 1k shourt of a 4th level. \less than 2 hours i went from lvl 17 to lvl 30 just running instances. i got almost 75 minutes on the monk +xp. and that was queing in nd out of instances.

Maxxh

join:2011-05-17
Boston, MA
reply to Don69Fire
Brewmaster is pretty fun so far. I've leveled to 43 in around 12 hours played, aoe dps as a tank is rediculous, and the mobility is great everything about the class just flows well, havent picked an off spec but im thinking about going mistweaver.
--
pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Don69Fire
»www.mmo-champion.com/threads/110···-17-2012

This is a good guide for the basics.

I've got my Brewmaster up to 76 last night, and I have to say it's absolutely ridiculous how OP Monks are in a tanking role. Their self heals and avoidance allow you to make ridiculous pulls in heirlooms. It will be interesting to see them in an end game environment.

As for leveling, I usually pull 7-10 mobs at a time at my level. That's not a mistype. If the quest calls for 8 of X creature to be killed, and they are close, I pull 8 at a time and finish the fight at full health in one shot.

I haven't pvp'd at all with a Brewmaster, but I can imagine in flag carrying scenarios they'd be a PITA to kill, but again I'm waiting until max level to see the results.

Very fun class.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by Arthritis:

»www.mmo-champion.com/threads/110···-17-2012

This is a good guide for the basics.

I've got my Brewmaster up to 76 last night, and I have to say it's absolutely ridiculous how OP Monks are in a tanking role. Their self heals and avoidance allow you to make ridiculous pulls in heirlooms. It will be interesting to see them in an end game environment.

As for leveling, I usually pull 7-10 mobs at a time at my level. That's not a mistype. If the quest calls for 8 of X creature to be killed, and they are close, I pull 8 at a time and finish the fight at full health in one shot.

I haven't pvp'd at all with a Brewmaster, but I can imagine in flag carrying scenarios they'd be a PITA to kill, but again I'm waiting until max level to see the results.

Very fun class.

I agree. I am loving the class. Made it to 67 last night. Should have hit 68 just so I can go straight to Nortrend tonight, but oh well. I have tanked every dungeon up to Seth Halls and do about the same as you. I had a DK try to tank in my dungeon last night (moron, not sure why). However, even with him in Blood Presence, he couldn't get aggro. You have to love that.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Don69Fire
After a few days out of town I found enough time to knock out 90 on the monk and run several heroics and scenarios.

Havent messed with the healing aspect much aside from 2 scenarios that really didnt need healing, but the windwalker I'm becoming rather profficient at. My only complaint atm is the lack of energy regen while in meh gear(ilvl448ish) I'm far from hit and exp caps aatm but I have been pulling pretty decent damage through heroics with guildies that were near full heroic geared. Not sure if they are missing something with new class play, or that Monks are jsut really strong atm?

Monk aoe once ramped up(3stack tiger palm/ blackout kick up) is awesome. The nice thing is you can keep the tigers palm up between most trash and boses pretty easily.

Class feels refreshing for now I'm sure the newness will wear off soon enough, but I am enjoying it over old rogue(sub) play style. My only gripe is not cancelling flying serpent kick and flying off a few cliffs along the way. I could glyph to prevent that but meh

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
dont you just hit the same key a second time to stop?

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
yes, but sometimes I dont want to go far at all, and I hit it so fast it doesnt register the instant stop, I need to find a potential macro for times I dotn want to travel and jsut want the damage.

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX
reply to Don69Fire
Have 85 of all classes except for Rogue and Mage, but decided to level up a Monk from Level 1. Really are a blast to play so far, but at work all the time so looking to see if there is any early raid data yet. Most likely play a mystweaver, so if anyone knows how they are stacking up against other healers I would love to read about it. My main is a Holy Priest and healed on every other type of Healer out there, so wanted to make sure I had Monk on my list. Hoping it works out and the monk becomes my new main.
--
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
- Henry Kissinger

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
raids were delayed release so no data for about 2 days maybe 3

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth