how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Doc Lithius

join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI
reply to xstatik

Re: [Installer] HT1000 My first install!

Oh, wow... There's a lot more "dead zone" than I remember. And the Upper Peninsula is part of it. Huh... So over half the entire country can't even get this "state of the art upgrade," it seems. That's pretty disappointing...

Thanks for looking this up, C0RR0. I appreciate it.

C0RR0SIVE

join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY
said by Doc Lithius:

Oh, wow... There's a lot more "dead zone" than I remember. And the Upper Peninsula is part of it. Huh... So over half the entire country can't even get this "state of the art upgrade," it seems. That's pretty disappointing...

Thanks for looking this up, C0RR0. I appreciate it.

Sorry about the bad news Doc, it looks like they moved a few beams and that is most likely what cut off some areas... At least, when you compared the theoretical map and the current actual service map.
That means you will be stuck on the slower Spaceway 3 service with "improved" speeds, which, honestly... I don't see happening ever with that thing only being 10Gbit unless they drop a good chunk of consumers... Which could happen with the eastern half of the states being kicked from being sold that connection.

You can actually tell where one base station is on that one picture. XD

But yea, 2 million customers even on 12Mbps package won't cause an issue, but, we also don't know who else could be on that satellite (business contracts...), and there is potential, though small, that more than 2 million can end up on it in time.