Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

1 recommendation

anymore word on ipv6 coming?

Subject says it all.. The last I saw was sometime in late 2012.

shof515

join:2008-06-15
Ridgewood, NY
It may take a long time, like maybe 10 or so years since they seemed to stop fios expansion which means no infrastructure upgrades

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by shof515:

It may take a long time, like maybe 10 or so years since they seemed to stop fios expansion which means no infrastructure upgrades

LOL... no. ipv6 has nothing to do with infastructure. Anyway I would guess it will atleast be partially available in the next year. I think there was a reference to it being available sometime in 2013 but I can't remember where I saw that.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

RedCaliSS
Premium
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

1 recommendation

reply to buckweet1980
Verizon is currently testing IP V6 with a select group. The billions they just spent on FIOS I'm sure all the backend is IPV6 capable. Actiontec website states the "home gateway" routers can be made IP V6 capable via a simple firmware update which Verizon can push out.
The problem isn't just with Verizon, it's everyone else on the internet that needs to switch IPV6 on. content providers, other ISP's.. email providers, web host companies, top level domain providers, DNS servers, all hardware vendors... the list is long. some have limited IPV6 capabilities now, but it's going to get phased in slowly.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to houkouonchi
said by houkouonchi:

said by shof515:

LOL... no. ipv6 has nothing to do with infastructure. Anyway I would guess it will atleast be partially available in the next year. I think there was a reference to it being available sometime in 2013 but I can't remember where I saw that.

The last that I heard/read, is from source »www22.verizon.com/support/reside···8742.htm

that

the first upgrades will become available starting in 3Q12. The first phase will include Verizon FiOS customers who have a dynamic IP address.

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

1 recommendation

That is the link I last read with info as well. I forgot it was q3 2012 not 2013. So yeah it should have already started cropping up.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state

1 recommendation

reply to RedCaliSS
said by RedCaliSS:

Actiontec website states the "home gateway" routers can be made IP V6 capable via a simple firmware update which Verizon can push out.

If you look here »IPv6 Support in Rev G you will find the pictures of the Revision G router with IPv6 enabled, while it is enabled tho it does not get an IPv6 address yet so hopefully sometime soon they will start enabling the backend systems for it.

derekivey

join:2006-03-30
San Jose, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to buckweet1980
Q4 is starting and they still haven't said a word .

RedCaliSS
Premium
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

1 recommendation

reply to flashcore
said by flashcore:

said by RedCaliSS:

Actiontec website states the "home gateway" routers can be made IP V6 capable via a simple firmware update which Verizon can push out.

If you look here »IPv6 Support in Rev G you will find the pictures of the Revision G router with IPv6 enabled, while it is enabled tho it does not get an IPv6 address yet so hopefully sometime soon they will start enabling the backend systems for it.

I have a "MI424WR-GEN3I" rev I with firmware 40.19.22, looking at the config page/advanced options right now and there is no IPv6..
in fact there are no IPv6 options anywhere. it was just installed 4 days ago when Verizon was out installing a 2nd distinct fios line.
the older rev d that I have on the primary has no IPv6 options either. so like i said... Verizon will need to push out firmware to quite a few none Rev G routers
a Revision G is not the only router Verizon has deployed throughout their network. screen shots can be uploaded of this brand new current router they are using with no IPv6

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by RedCaliSS:

said by flashcore:

said by RedCaliSS:

I have a "MI424WR-GEN3I" rev I with firmware 40.19.22, looking at the config page/advanced options right now and there is no IPv6..
in fact there are no IPv6 options anywhere. it was just installed 4 days ago when Verizon was out installing a 2nd distinct fios line.
the older rev d that I have on the primary has no IPv6 options either. so like i said... Verizon will need to push out firmware to quite a few none Rev G routers
a Revision G is not the only router Verizon has deployed throughout their network. screen shots can be uploaded of this brand new current router they are using with no IPv6

They might be starting in some locations with the rev g users, or it may just taking some more time for them to rollout the rev E,F, and I upgrade.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX
reply to RedCaliSS
said by RedCaliSS:

Verizon is currently testing IP V6 with a select group. The billions they just spent on FIOS I'm sure all the backend is IPV6 capable. Actiontec website states the "home gateway" routers can be made IP V6 capable via a simple firmware update which Verizon can push out.
The problem isn't just with Verizon, it's everyone else on the internet that needs to switch IPV6 on. content providers, other ISP's.. email providers, web host companies, top level domain providers, DNS servers, all hardware vendors... the list is long. some have limited IPV6 capabilities now, but it's going to get phased in slowly.

In general this is true.. Although some of the major sites have permanently enabled the AAAA responses via DNS. I had to shut off my IPv6 tunnel to HE because of it, the extra delay was bothering me. I'm hoping that v6 is enabled soon so I can enable v6 on my home network again.

Chris123NT

join:2001-11-24
Nesconset, NY
reply to buckweet1980
Does dual stack mode mean our connection will essentially have an ipv6 AND ipv4 IP assigned?

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net
Yup, you'll have 1 IPv4 block and a /64 IPv6 block - millions and millions of addresses