join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elwoodblues

Re: TekSavvy - glorified reseller, not ISP

said by elwoodblues:

said by The Mongoose:

That being said, this issue of two homes with totally different experiences despite presumably being on the same node has come up before, and it's interesting. No matter what the two services are, there should be no difference so long as they're on the same profile and there's no POI congestion or weird downstream issues. I'd love to hear what, if anything, comes out of the situation elwoodblues describes.

I know I'm on McNicol, he could have been moved to Comstock,but how can I tell?

Should show up in a tracert...though sometimes the naming can confuse. Either way though, the whole node would move so it wouldn't necessarily help identify the problem. Now if it got moved to Comstock but Distributel didn't have equipment there, THAT could cause some weirdness.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

said by The Mongoose:

said by elwoodblues:

said by The Mongoose:

That being said, this issue of two homes with totally different experiences despite presumably being on the same node has come up before, and it's interesting. No matter what the two services are, there should be no difference so long as they're on the same profile and there's no POI congestion or weird downstream issues. I'd love to hear what, if anything, comes out of the situation elwoodblues describes.

I know I'm on McNicol, he could have been moved to Comstock,but how can I tell?

Should show up in a tracert...though sometimes the naming can confuse. Either way though, the whole node would move so it wouldn't necessarily help identify the problem. Now if it got moved to Comstock but Distributel didn't have equipment there, THAT could cause some weirdness.

I did have a conversation with one of the techs that frequent here, and he said they had no plans to move to comstock.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......