@videotron.ca

youGOT it to Guru

Anon

to Guru

Re: TekSavvy - glorified reseller, not ISP

said by Guru:

said by TSI Jonathan:

said by TSI Andre :

As for your statement about Marc, our CEO which took over when rocky left, he has done so many things for this company that most of you will never see. He took the bull that was rapidly heading towards a cliff and steered it back to success. He is largely responsible for today's success.

+1

Was this necessary to say this on a public platform? This to me sounds negative on both ends!! Don't want to fire this thread but both of you just lost my respect man!

While Andre slags rocky I can tell you this. If rocky were to start another ISP tomorrow you would see people move to him fast.

People bought rocky, his dream, his belief, his stance. People didn't buy TSI internet. He has a big following just by name.

Would be interesting...
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

1 edit

UK_Dave

DELETED on advice.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

1 edit

Guru to youGOT it

to youGOT it
said by youGOT it :

While Andre slags rocky I can tell you this. If rocky were to start another ISP tomorrow you would see people move to him fast.

People bought rocky, his dream, his belief, his stance. People didn't buy TSI internet. He has a big following just by name.

Would be interesting...

+ 1 to this!!
No offense to TSI Marc!
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

1 edit

xdrag

said by Guru:

said by youGOT it :

Would be interesting...

+ 1 to this!!
No offence to TSI Marc!

People should know that even though rocky was the face of TSI for a while, Marc has equally been there since the grassroots of TSI. He would be the one upgrading the old routers and munching on Timbits during the mid-night hours. I could be wrong, but for a while, he was also one of the techies to help you if you called in to their support line. I think people should give Marc more credit than he deserves for the success TSI has been.

Just to say rocky isn't the head-man anymore and TSI is a worse because of that undermines the background individuals that have put in all the effort and hardships since the beginning.

TSI is a different company now than half-a-decade ago because the consumer based has evolved. You need to adapt to survive.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

That's a fair assessment, I think. Marc's always been involved at a high level, he was R0CKY's right-hand man.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to xdrag

Premium Member

to xdrag
said by xdrag:

said by Guru:

said by youGOT it :

Would be interesting...

+ 1 to this!!
No offence to TSI Marc!

People should know that even though rocky was the face of TSI for a while, Marc has equally been there since the grassroots of TSI. He would be the one upgrading the old routers and munching on Timbits during the mid-night hours. I could be wrong, but for a while, he was also one of the techies to help you if you called in to their support line. I think people should give Marc more credit than he deserves for the success TSI has been.

Just to say rocky isn't the head-man anymore and TSI is a worse because of that undermines the background individuals that have put in all the effort and hardships since the beginning.

TSI is a different company now than half-a-decade ago because the consumer based has evolved. You need to adapt to survive.

+1

Marc is his brother, from experience with an older brother nothing worse than people on here saying the other brother did a better job. Marc is doing pretty damn good. rocky managed the business when it was far smaller, less complicated.

Marc moved it in to a whole new realm and it's stlll afloat. Give the guy a chance. He jumped in to the middle of a mess and did a lot of cleaning up. New building, new phone systems, new service (cable internet) and a new type of customer base.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

Why are you guys coming to the conclusions?
I personally never said TSI Marc is doing a bad job in the first place. It's just TSI Andre comes in here and slags R0CKY and TSI Andre might be right but the way the post came out, it certainly didn't come out good in fact to me, it sounded negative.

It's just that TSI R0CKY has represented TSI in the past so, he's quite popular than TSI Marc.

What made me make the post was TSI Andre, an employee of TSI, who slags a Ex-Owner in the public forum...TSI Marc's brother? I don't think any of the employee should be making such statements, it just leaves a bad impression! What gives them that right? Is TSI Andre the owner of TSI making such statements? and TSI Jonathan gives +1, FOOLS!!

Anyhow, don't come to conclusions and TSI Marc certainly is not doing a bad job. Kudos to Marc for working hard and making TSI one of the best.
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic

said by Guru:

It's just TSI Andre comes in here and slags R0CKY and TSI Andre might be right but the way the post came out, it certainly didn't come out good in fact to me, it sounded negative.

The problem is that - at best - you are overreading Andre's statement. He never said anything about rocky at all, you've just decided that must be who he's talking about. He could be (and most likely is) talking about the problems we had with the whole UBB situation.

No need to just to conclusions about people's statements unless you are sure that's what they meant.