Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to A Lurker

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by A Lurker:
Again, so why wasn't his mother charged?

Great point...

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by vue666:

Great point...

Yes, but I doubt any of those who support Omar's release will ever answer it. It's easier to ignore it. Again, I should note that my biggest concern is that his release in Canada will return him to the group that forced him into his original situation.

NCRGuy

join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

said by A Lurker:

Great point...

Not really...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

said by A Lurker:

Great point...

Because she committed no crime?
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
But I thought the argument is he was a child soldier brainwashed by his parents...

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to DKS
Meh, encouraging your kid to become a child soldier at age 10 (in violation of UN treaty as you said) should be SOME sort of crime....

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, we'd call it here....

But it looks like when the family sent the boy to terror camp, they were not living in Canada....

NCRGuy

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

But I thought the argument is he was a child soldier brainwashed by his parents...

Please cite the specific offence you believe she committed. Not what you think should be illegal, or what you think she should be charged with -- a specific contravention of Canadian law you believe she committed.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Did she send any money overseas? Charge her with financial support of terrorists.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
Wellington N
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

Yep, he's innocent because he was forced into becoming a child soldier by his parents. However, they're not guilty of any crime. That's exactly my point I made in pretty much my first post in the thread. Blinders by his supporters.

Kardinal
We will remember them
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
said by A Lurker:

Yep, he's innocent because he was forced into becoming a child soldier by his parents. However, they're not guilty of any crime. That's exactly my point I made in pretty much my first post in the thread. Blinders by his supporters.

Well, if you've avoided the blinders you are accusing others of wearing, please answer this question (she = his mother):

said by NCRGuy:

Please cite the specific offence you believe she committed. Not what you think should be illegal, or what you think she should be charged with -- a specific contravention of Canadian law you believe she committed.

Note the word "specific" please. You never know.....perhaps you'll help others become "blinder free" as well.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix
Expand your moderator at work

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

Did she send any money overseas? Charge her with financial support of terrorists.

Evidence?
--

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

said by vue666:

I guess organized crime in Canada should hop on this glaring loophole in our legal system and train an army of mercenaries to kill their rivals. Heck train them to kill anyone randomly who doesn't pay up or train them to rob banks. Heck one could train your kid to kill your boss or that brother in law who is a dick.

That's right people of the world if you are a Canadian citizen you are free to spew your hate, commit treason and train your kids to kill with impunity.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by peterboro:

That's right people of the world if you are a Canadian citizen you are free to spew your hate, commit treason and train your kids to kill with impunity.

Father is dead. Mother is isolated. Your point?
--

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

said by Bob4:

Evidence?

I'm not the prosecutor. Not my job to collect evidence. But I bet dollars to donuts they sent money to terrorists.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

Fathers now excused. Mother's isolation is relevant how?

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
Wellington N
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Fathers now excused. Mother's isolation is relevant how?

We're supposed to feel sorry for her. Too bad she felt that she couldn't get decent medical treatment and social assistance for her injured son, except in Canada. She's stated publically more than once that she would be happy if they all died martyrs. We should pity her, sending her 10 year old son off to be a child soldier. God forbid we hold her responsible. /sarcasm off

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

Then who is responsible for him becoming a "child soldier"???

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

1 edit
said by DKS:
Why would your rights and priviluiges as a citizen be any different from his? If you believe that, you just tossed the Charter into the dumpster.
Upon his release I would assume he will have to meet regularly with a parole officer of some sort, be denied complete freedom of travel, probably barred from entering the USA and a other countries, because of his criminal record he may not be allowed to hold certain public positions, be under some sort of surveillance, etc ... In other words he will not have the same rights and priviliges as most law abiding Canadians...

shrug

@videotron.ca
said by vue666:

said by DKS:
Why would your rights and priviluiges as a citizen be any different from his? If you believe that, you just tossed the Charter into the dumpster.
Upon his release I would assume he will have to meet regularly with a parole officer of some sort, be denied complete freedom of travel, probably barred from entering the USA and a other countries, because of his criminal record he may not be allowed to hold certain public positions, etc ... In other words he will not have the same rights and privilidges as most law abiding Canadians...

For all you know he could become the next prime minister, or human rights laywer and make more of his life than you have.

NCRGuy

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

Then who is responsible for him becoming a "child soldier"???

Still waiting for you to answer my question.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

God forbid we hold her responsible. /sarcasm off

And how would you propose we do that? She has broken no law.
--

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

said by DKS:
Upon his release I would assume he will have to meet regularly with a parole officer of some sort, be denied complete freedom of travel, probably barred from entering the USA and a other countries, because of his criminal record he may not be allowed to hold certain public positions, be under some sort of surveillance, etc ... In other words he will not have the same rights and priviliges as most law abiding Canadians...

Only when on parole. After that, just the same as you.
--

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

said by A Lurker:

How do you know that? You have access to all the classified information the US has?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by Bob4:

said by DKS:

said by A Lurker:

How do you know that? You have access to all the classified information the US has?

One presumes that at this late date, she would have been charged. Absence of any charge speaks volumes.
--

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by DKS:

One presumes that at this late date, she would have been charged. Absence of any charge speaks volumes.

Ummm... No.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to shrug
said by shrug :

For all you know he could become the next prime minister, or human rights laywer and make more of his life than you have.

Apparently he wants to go to high school, university, and see if he can get into med school.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by DKS:

said by A Lurker:

What 'classified information'?
Do you mean the stuff with the same factual accuracy as got the US mired in Iraq and bled your Treasury dry?