Wow Ultra TV and Streaming with TVersity Playback problems
I have WoW Ultra TV installed as of Saturday and installed TVersity Pro on my Windows 7 64 bit desktop.
The media gateway picks up on the dlna server just fine and I've been able stream 1 show in mkv format. However, I have 2 other movies that are in x264 format, WMV and another MKV as extensions, and I'm having problems.
One, which is 9 gb plays beautifully picture wise, but has no sound, the other which is 8gb stops playing after 2 seconds, without an error. I have confirmed that both files stream fine to other devices, like in a browser, and play fine on the desktop PC itself.
I've made sure I have all the proper codecs and followed the few guides that I could with running cccp. No luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.
To get better help, you may want to post more specific details about how you obtained (ripped, dl'd) and converted your files.
I had a nightmare of a time converting 600GB of movies and tv shows to one that played nicely both on xboxes and the media players.
In my case, I converted everything I had to .mp4 files, using handbrake - h.264 ac3 passthru (i think) and specifically constant framerate.
Interesting, so you found the actual way they were ripped can have an effect on their ability to stream? Again, not having an issue with the files themselves, only when trying to stream.
I'll see what settings they were ripped at and report back. I'm fearing it has to do with the Arrix Moxi box and less to do with rip quality.
Do you have Ultra TV? I'm struggling to find a lot of specific information to the WoW setup.
Yes - it has everything to do with how they're ripped. Yes, I have Ultra TV. It has to do with the WOW media players having the ability to properly play back the video.
You can play with forcing TVersity to encode the media, but that for me always produced inconsistent results.
If you like, find Handbrake (its freeware) and test encoding a few small snippets of your source video.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
I tried forcing TVersity to transcode, but it absolutely would not transcode unless I was streaming to any other device, besides the Arris gateway.
Even though I had individual folders set to encode and the over all settings to force encoding, it just wouldn't do it.