how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Simon T

@telus.com

[Cable] Another installation issue with Tek and Videotron

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with you since i hope to get some answers to my questions.

Here's my story : I've been with tek two times already (once in Quebec and a second time while living in Vancouver.). Being back in Quebec, I had decided to resuscribe with Tek. While I had experienced some delay the first time I had the service instaleld, the BC experience had been flawless and after being connected, I had nothing but praises for Teksavvy and their service. I called on August 28 to suscribe, got the email confirming that they would try to get my service online by septembre 4. I waited for the confirmation email until september 17 at which point I contacted Teksavvy again only to get another email telling me the service was to be tentatively activated on september 29 after being told that Videotron hadn't given them an answer yet. I admit that I mistakenly took the 29th date as an official time for the installation. Still, I called today to get an update on when I'll get my service installed, and I was told that Videotron still hadn't confirmed anything and that Teksavvy had no way of calling them directly. They also had no way of enforcing the 10 days delay that is stated in the contract. That said, I cancelled and had to suscribe elsewhere. (Got less service for the money, but at least I'll be online thusday).

It pissed me off that I couldn't get the service in more than one way. First of all, as stated earlier, I loved the Teksavvy service. And second of all, I feel like Teksavvy is caught in the middle in that situation with Videotron doing their best to avoid giving Tek any kind of service. What I would like to be sure of is how long does Videotron have to answer to connection requests from Teksavvy?

Thanks!

Simon

omasse

join:2004-12-21
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
Some ebox customers have recently had similar issues. From what the owner said in the ebox forum, Videotron is overwhelmed by all the TPIA customers and their "TPIA department" (or whatever it's called) recently asked to be contacted by email only.

I know that won't help but besides being patient, I don't think Teksavvy can do much besides playing ball with Videotron.

Good luck

Simon T

@75.98.19.x
What I'm hoping for is that Tek could get some kind of legal lever VS Videotron. I wouldn't have minded waiting 15 days to get connected if that's the legal limit for Videotron. But, my situation got out of hand and I couldn't wait anymore.

The sad part is that my parents, which suscribe to all Videotron's services, placed a service call two weeks ago and the technician said that because of Bell and their Fibe service in Quebec, business was slow and installs could be done pretty quickly... Which leads me to believe that it's some bad intent on their part..

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Simon T
Hi Simon,

I will admit that there has been some pretty bad delays in our orders being processed with Videotron. We are working with them to better that relationship.

I would like to get you some help. Can you please PM me your account info. I will get this escalated for you. If you rather not PM, you can email me (andre@teksavvy.com).

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

Simon T

@75.98.19.x
Hello Andre,

Thanks for the reply. As stated, I have already placed an order with another company (namely Bell) since they could connect me within the week. I just wanted to know if you had some kind of leverage with Videotron.

I wish you all the best,

Simon

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hi Simon,

No problem & thank you for your honesty.

We are using some leverage and hope to see things back to normal shortly

Let me know if I can change your mind

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter