clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to pnh102

Re: So Predictable... No Outrage

said by pnh102:

The way these rackets reported on this during the last administration, you would think there were spies on every street corner.

Where was the conservative outrage during the last administration to decry the spying?

Of course the media is ignoring it, "their guy" is in office. And as soon as Romney gets elected, the theatre will start again while Fox News will tell us how we're all going to get blown to bits if we don't let the spooks track our every movement and conversation.

And the conservatives who are so "outraged" right now will be right there supporting it. And there, again, is the problem with partisan politics. No one cares that they're getting the screws turned on them as long as "their guy" wins. Sick, really. All of this illegal spying needs to stop, and the only way that will ever happen is if people, humans beings, band together stand up for their rights.

Humans can get things done, "Democrats" and "Republicans" will never be able to, sadly, people only see themselves as one of the latter and not of the former.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

2 edits

1 recommendation

I agree with you 100% about people who support or oppose a particular policy because their guy does it, but oppose or support a particular policy when the other guy does it (I'm looking at all the anti-Bush, er, war protests that stopped after 01/20/2009 as an example). I'm just complaining about how most media outlets flat out refuse to report anything even remotely critical of the current president.

If 0bama were a Republican, one or more the following things would be screaming headlines every day (in no particular order):

1. The Fast and Furious scandal (another US Border Patrol agent was killed today).
2. The lack of appropriate security at our foreign embassies that contributed to the death of an ambassador (last I checked, killing a foreign ambassador is a de facto act of war).
3. 40+ months of unemployment over 8%.
4. Record numbers of people out of the workforce altogether.
5. Sky high gas prices.
6. Sky high food prices.
7. The brazen skirting of the WARN act with regards to defense contractors and possible layoffs come 01/02/2013.
8. The brazen skirting and ignoring of other laws that the administration doesn't like.
9. The vast expansion of outright domestic spying.
10. National credit downgrade.
11. The active and purposeful suppression of voting by members of our armed forces.

--
Romney/Ryan 2012 - Put a couple of mature adults in charge.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

2 recommendations

You forgot the 2000th soldier killed in Afghanistan...old media threw a party for Bush when it happened in Iraq. Also Kathleen Sebelius violating the Hatch Act...or that 36 members of the President's executive staff owe nearly a million dollars in back taxes.

It's a new scandal every week, recently virtually every day but it goes ignored by old media. They're bought and paid for.

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
said by skeechan:

You forgot the 2000th soldier killed in Afghanistan...old media threw a party for Bush when it happened in Iraq.

That's another thing the media would be reporting on... our seemingly endless war in Afghanistan and the ridiculous rules of engagement that prevent our troops from effectively defending themselves.

Our troops got UBL and he wasn't even in Afghanistan. My own opinion on the war changed 180 degrees after that point (I had supported 0bama's initial extra surge of troops there before we got UBL). I would have praised him if he had announced that effective immediately after killing UBL, we were bringing the troops home because we finished what we had set out to do.
--

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 recommendation

Guess it was just another incident of workplace violence.

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
Or a bump in the road.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pnh102
We did not set out to kill Osama. We set out to ensure Afganistan was not use to train terrorists. That is what I was told by Bush. He didn't even care about Osama.

Which means we need to civilize Afganistan. Which means we will be there for the next 100 years...
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to clone
said by clone:

said by pnh102:

The way these rackets reported on this during the last administration, you would think there were spies on every street corner.

Where was the conservative outrage during the last administration to decry the spying?

Where is the liberal outrage during this administration after Obama promised to change the way things are done in Washington?

Time
Premium
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

1 recommendation

I'm still waiting for CHANGE, but I seem to have depleted my available reserves of HOPE.

TKJunkMail
Premium
join:2005-12-09

2 recommendations

reply to skeechan
said by skeechan:

You forgot the 2000th soldier killed in Afghanistan...old media threw a party for Bush when it happened in Iraq. Also Kathleen Sebelius violating the Hatch Act...or that 36 members of the President's executive staff owe nearly a million dollars in back taxes.

It's a new scandal every week, recently virtually every day but it goes ignored by old media. They're bought and paid for.

2000 lives too many wasted on that shit hole country.

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
reply to dnoyeB
said by dnoyeB:

We did not set out to kill Osama. We set out to ensure Afganistan was not use to train terrorists. That is what I was told by Bush. He didn't even care about Osama.

Which means we need to civilize Afganistan. Which means we will be there for the next 100 years...

We'd also be hearing howling from the media if any Republican president continued to bring up his predecessor so often when talking about foreign policy failures so late into his current term.

I think anyone with some basic common sense can see that while we can bring civilization to Afghanistan, it isn't worth a 100 year commitment, or even a commitment to 2024, as outlined by 0bama in a previous speech.
--

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
Ending the Iraq war was easy because we know they did not attack us. No threat will be coming from there.

Ending Afganistan war is politically harder because how to you get the political wind to agree that ending it is "obviously rational?" You need some sort of political position that will guarantee people will not blame you for any new activities deemed to come from Afganistan.

I don't think the next president will end it either.
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
said by dnoyeB:

Ending the Iraq war was easy because we know they did not attack us. No threat will be coming from there.

To be fair, regardless of who won in 2008, our troops would have come home from Iraq, as we were no longer welcome there.

»www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc···/247174/

And I won't blame 0bama if Iraq goes to hell... they chose it. He just gave them what they wanted.
said by dnoyeB:

Ending Afganistan war is politically harder because how to you get the political wind to agree that ending it is "obviously rational?" You need some sort of political position that will guarantee people will not blame you for any new activities deemed to come from Afganistan.

I respectfully disagree. I think most people in the US are tired of Afghanistan, especially many people like me on the conservative side. The general thinking is, we got UBL, we can easily get other individual terrorists, we've been there for over 10 years and Afghanistan doesn't want to evolve into a modern Westernized country, and they won't let our troops fight on our terms... why bother?

Say 0bama did announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan after we got UBL. I am certain there would be blowback from the Sean Hannitys of the world, who would be critical of anything 0bama does simply because he is 0bama, but I am also certain that most Americans, including myself, would agree with the decision.
--

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to NOCTech75
It actually goes on every day... but you won't hear it listening to Hannity. If he is re-elected next month, it wont be because people like what he is doing... it will be because they think Romney will be worse.

NOCTech75
Premium
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by CXM_Splicer:

It actually goes on every day... but you won't hear it listening to Hannity. If he is re-elected next month, it wont be because people like what he is doing... it will be because they think Romney will be worse.

How exactly do you know what I listen too? I guess this is another one of those if you aren't for one side you MUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT be for the other partisan bullshit posts?

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
Actually, I have no clue what 'side' you are on... logically, if you don't hear any 'liberal outrage' it is because you listen to/watch shows that don't emphasis it... like Hannity.

One would think that 'those types of shows' would be all to happy to rant about liberal outrage but they know better... they are deathly afraid of the message behind it: People are unhappy with Obama because they expected massive changes from him. Changes that the 'Pro-Corps' don't even want to think about. THAT is what the majority wants and they didn't get it with him.

It sounds like you are not fond of Hannity at all... that puts you up a notch in my book

NOCTech75
Premium
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by CXM_Splicer:

It sounds like you are not fond of Hannity at all... that puts you up a notch in my book

Im not fond of any of you partisan hacks, you maroons are destroying this country.

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC

1 recommendation

said by NOCTech75:

Im not fond of any of you partisan hacks, you maroons are destroying this country.

Very strange that you would take from my post that I am a 'partisan hack'... as a matter of fact, I plan on voting for a third party candidate. There is plenty of liberal & progressive outrage about Obama, I suspect you don't hear any of it because you bury your head in the sand and believe whatever you want to believe.