Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WSHARK

@acsalaska.net
reply to ds5v50

Re: [TWC] It's Here !! WOH

said by ds5v50:

Boy have I got a story. 5gmesh is running on Time Warner Cable backbone. My father-in-laws ip is even in the same subnet as mine The system is quite simple really. It is a wireless 4 ghz lan link to 5gmesh receiver. the receiver is tied into a TWC residential modem. it is a natted connection that you would never be able to run inbound connections on. my ip is 98.*.*.130 his ip is 98.*.*.111. The funny thing is. He can have a static IP if he wanted to pay $10 more a month, whereas with TWC you are not able to get an static ip with residential.

Just because your IP Space is in the same /8 as his - doesn't mean 5g is using RR Residential Service.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

it does is the CPE during tracert is coming back on the RR Res side. TWC uses the cep.woh.blah.blah.blah with the MAC ID to give you QOS over residential on Business.

And TWC Mid-Ohio would NOT permit this company to even try and resell any of their connections since they're trying to compete against them.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

1 recommendation

reply to WSHARK

it is when the dig -x brings it back as residential.

His IP

;; ANSWER SECTION:
111.66.30.98.in-addr.arpa. 77700INPTRcpe-98-30-66-111.woh.res.rr.com.

My IP
;; ANSWER SECTION:
130.66.30.98.in-addr.arpa. 86400 INPTRcpe-98-30-66-130.woh.res.rr.com.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

I just found out that Residential Customers on TWC can get Static IPs. Although there is a catch and only available to certain customers. And if you wish to have a static, you must purchase them through an approved company. if you want more info, at this time, please PM me.