Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to TheThing

Re: No more good MMORPGs coming out?

I noticed you didn't mention Secret World--a game that sounds fairly independent in terms of not hand holding, but is hobbled by the pay-per-month subscription model that only premium MMORPGs can pull off (and by that I mean only WoW, as GW2 has set the bar really high as a free game).

I am waiting for Firefall, if for no other reason than the developer was a very early, very vocal voice against SOPA. Politics and gaming rarely coincide, but this is at least one instance where I will reward the developer for a call that was very risky at the time (coming out against GoDaddy when few others were).

That aside, GW2 and MOP just launched, and everyone is busy grinding away (if you're playing WoW) or having a shit-ton of fun in GW2 doing everything.

---

I would be very interested in a really-well done vampire RPG that takes into account much of the lore and concepts/mechanics we see in movies like True Blood, Blade II, and Daybreakers (the Ethan Hawke movie), with maybe a little Underworld thrown in.

You have a mirror society (vampire nation), a limited supply of fresh blood, and enough factions running around there to make things interesting. I would prefer it to mimic EVE's no-hand-holding rules--when you die/hit by UV/staked, game over. Obviously you could have your vampire-on-vampire skirmishes that approach lethal measures, with severe political penalties if you accidentally kill another in sport.

Everyone would start off human, and the skills and knowledge you gain as a human could carry over when you are turned (sucks to be you if the vampire[s] drain you completely, however). It becomes a gain to balance how much preparation you give, to successfully being turned, to staying alive as a vampire.

You could also have a werewolf faction subservient to the vamps, as well as corrupted zombies, that are toxic to vampires as they have no fresh blood in them.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
And on that note, we need another Vampire: Masquerade refresh.

Besice

join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ
How about just an all out MMO with all creatures of the night. That might be slightly interesting for a change of pace.