share rss forum feed

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Noah Vail

Re: Army says we're Radical Extremists - Because Twitter

It seems to be all the focus out there since this was published.. and if you go to each link and click on the title you can read the articles.

Radicalization into Violent Extremism I: A Review of Social Science Theories

Dr. Randy Borum is a Professor in the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences at the University of South Florida. He conducts strategic analyses and research focused on armed groups, countering extremist violence, and complex operations/irregular warfare.

»scholarcommons.usf.edu/jss/vol4/iss4/2/

Radicalization into Violent Extremism II: A Review of Conceptual Models and Empirical Research
Abstract

Over the past decade, analysts have proposed several frameworks to explain the process of radicalization into violent extremism (RVE). These frameworks are based primarily on rational, conceptual models which are neither guided by theory nor derived from systematic research. This article reviews recent (post-9/11) conceptual models of the radicalization process and recent (post-9/11) empirical studies of RVE. It emphasizes the importance of distinguishing between ideological radicalization and terrorism involvement, though both issues deserve further empirical inquiry.Finally, it summarizes some recent RVE-related research efforts, identifies seven things that social science researchers and operational personnel still need to know about violent radicalization, and offers a set of starting assumptions to move forward with a research agenda that might help to thwart tomorrow's terrorists.

»scholarcommons.usf.edu/jss/vol4/iss4/3/

Radicalization to Violence: What It Is, and What It Isn’t

»www.policechiefmagazine.org/maga···id=22012

And then from your article..

Not From the Onion: Army Says ‘Social Network’ Use Is a Sign of Radicalism

If underreporting suspicious behavior is a problem within the U.S. military, soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan probably won’t have a problem reporting their suspicious about Afghans now that over 50 U.S. and allied troops have been killed by their Afghan counterparts this year. Marine Gen. John Allen, the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan, told 60 Minutes on Sunday that he’s “mad as hell” at the attacks, and while his troops are willing to sacrifice for the war, “we’re not willing to be murdered for it.” Woe to Afghans deemed “reclusive” or engaging in “peculiar discussions” in the eyes of troops who don’t share their culture.

»www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/10···-threat/

This is not peculiar discussion.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

Stuff . . .

This is not peculiar discussion.

Fair enough. I consider myself reoriented and withdraw my insinuations.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
Keeping under the radar, are we?

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Noah Vail
Just be careful out there..Some like it Hot.

»rt.com/usa/news/joke-marilyn-bry···roe-197/

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
Yes, if you come to Amerika, and don't use the local slang, God help you...

Damn furriners need to stay home!
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.