Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Lothario

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'shan Vaults prog thread

Kun Lai Summit on PVP servers vying for Sha of Anger.

At least, I assume.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

said by Nick D:

Kun Lai Summit on PVP servers vying for Sha of Anger.

At least, I assume.

Kinda sucks that you've gotta have ~25 people to kill this guy. At least right now you do. I'm sure that towards the end of the tier you can do it with ~10.

I think we could have really made some progression last night with a full compliment of players. With 8 we got the dogs to ~80%, just wanting to see the fight and experience the mechanics, etc. I really think that P&E can be 1/5 this lockout if everyone wants to.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

Are the dogs like Halfus, where each region's server has the same rotations every week? Or is it completely random?

Jade/Jasper/Amethyst for us.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

said by Nick D:

Jade/Jasper/Amethyst for us.

Same for us on Nathrezim.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Nick D

I read that the dogs are like Halfus... will change per week. should be interesting. I loathe Jade/Jasper combo, lol.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

For reference, after far too long, we found the following was minimizing raid damage for this combo:

1. Spread out. People are more apt to die in puddles if they spawn every 3 seconds, and that is more damaging than Jade Shards

2. Jasper Chain buddies love each other until Jasper Petrification starts. That gives you 90% fire damage reduction, so when Jasper Pet. is up, people break chains ASAP, and come together before the overload.

3. Dog swapping is oddly difficult. I think I overthought it. Always taunt whichever one last exploded (if necessary; sometimes you just bounce two on top of each other). On the first pass, you might have to taunt the dog you're trying to get to explode. (I'm still trying to internalize it)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

I know this is a no-brainer... but holy crap having 2 explode at the same time sucks... instant wipe.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

We entertained the idea of controlled explosions for a while. Do not recommend.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Can we take the strat discussion here?

»[Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

Would like to keep that thread bumped since it has the shiny graphics and stuff.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

sorry didnt pay attention to that thread, Mike if you want to lock this one is otay