Search similar:

uniqs

Falafelboy
@bell.ca

Falafelboy

Anon

sagemcom 2864 Replacement and uTorrent

Good day

I have the sagemcom 2864 and whenever I use bittorrent, my internet stops working and I have reboot the modem.

I have checked the main utorrent thread about this via google, it appears that one issue may be that the router is getting overwhelmed with connections. I have changed all the utorrent settings to no avail.

So my questions are the following: Is the sagemcom 2864 a modem and a router at the same time? Can I buy another router and/or modem to replace this one here and resolve the issue? Will the new equipment still work with the Bell Fibe Internet 15/10 service I have?

Thanks a lot.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

You can add a router and bridge mode it with the sagemcom.

I have the Sagemcom, no problem with torrents.
Khazore
join:2012-06-21
Etobicoke, ON

Khazore to Falafelboy

to Falafelboy
I have the same issues.

My connection to the internet keeps dropping when ever I put a load such as Torrents or Streaming Video/Music etc. I never thought to bridge another route with the sagemon, Has anyone else done this to any effect?
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726 to Falafelboy

to Falafelboy
Since this particular thread caught my attention and although I might be switching to Bell Fibe internet at a later date, I want to know too.

Sometimes, with my current internet provider (in this case, Rogers)- I was provided with a modem, but I use a wireless router (i.e. a Linksys E2500 router) to connect the modem and to share internet connections.

Like the OP, I use bittorrent as well. It would be nice if someone can post step-by-step instructions on how to set the "Bridging" part - either at the Sagemcom (in the case of Bell Fibe) or a wireless router.

Sorry if I creeped in...
Bplayer
join:2012-06-28
Thornhill, ON

Bplayer

There are lots of posts around on how to do this. Just do a few searches.

anontech123
@bell.ca

anontech123 to Falafelboy

Anon

to Falafelboy
it's a piece of crap lower your number of connection in you torrent it will be a bit better or better get your own router.