StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW to dave

Premium Member

to dave

Re: Association of Parasites upset about 'do-not-track' default

I wouldn't call the ANA "parasites". They're just an organization, like any other, trying to represent their members.

Years ago when all there was only print media (newspapers. magazines), radio and TV the only feedback advertisers got was by sales. With the advent of the internet they got a lot more info (cookies, clicks etc). Obviously they don't want to give that up.

That said we all have a reasonable expectation of privacy. I use do-not-track but my understanding is that it's not worth much. One can use other measures if desired.

To be honest I'm much more concerned with what Bob (the NSA et al) collects, stores and analyzes.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 recommendation

rcdailey

Premium Member

The feedback that still matters to advertisers is from sales. Analyzing the web traffic is useful in that it will help to tell you if all that web traffic is actually having any positive impact on sales. Then you can decide to pull your ads from Facebook, if you want to. Privacy is probably gone forever, unless you go completely off the grid and live in a cave somewhere.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

To be honest I'm much more concerned with what Bob (the NSA et al) collects, stores and analyzes.

It's getting so Bob can get everything he wants from private business simply by writing a check.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 recommendation

OZO

Premium Member

... and then we face budget deficit problem caused by the Bob every year

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by OZO:

... and then we face budget deficit problem caused by the Bob every year

don't worry; he'll smuggle some controlled substance or another from the third world and then sell it in some slum or another over here.