All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout or just simple Maintenance?

said by Jmartz0:

I am wondering what the deal is with the DVR now? My area does not have DVR+ yet. Is the DVR functions that are in the guide only for DVR+ areas? What about people without that service? Do those functions just not appear?

I'm sure it's no different then the old guide. On my SA8300HD I can set up DVR recordings from the guide and on my SA4250HD I can set up DVR+ recordings from the guide.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I just wanted to know if they had a version that did not have DVR functions for people who do not have the service. (As to not confuse people).

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Already getting feedback from my mother who despises the new guide. It's too dark for her, the letters are no longer bright and easy to read and the font is smaller, plus to her there's more steps to doing most things now.

dunlike
@optonline.net

dunlike

Anon

I really don't like the new guide. The grid is horrible, hard to read, the colors are irritating, and the worst part is when I choose a channel and hit Select I want to tune to that channel, I DO NOT want yet another dialog box to appear.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to kickass69

to kickass69
said by kickass69:

Already getting feedback from my mother who despises the new guide. It's too dark for her, the letters are no longer bright and easy to read and the font is smaller, plus to her there's more steps to doing most things now.

can you still hit the arrows to pull up info bar and scroll to see whats on without launching guide?

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by dm145:

said by kickass69:

can you still hit the arrows to pull up info bar and scroll to see whats on without launching guide?

Yes you can thankfully.

My biggest issues thus far with the new guide/Quick Settings/Settings setup is instead of previously having a double button press to get to the guide (iO Button then Select), with the new guide setup you now have to double press Select to switch to the channel you got highlighted.

A mini menu comes up with 'Watch, Record Series, More Info and Close.

There's no need for it when for those with 8300s, 8300HDs and DVR Plus you can just hit the record button or the info button for more info like we have been doing.

In the settings menu under Audio/Output Type, you can only choose between Dolby Digital being on or off as they combined all the digital outs under Dolby Digital now as you can see above.

Previously you could choose just Dolby Digital and HDMI separately which worked great in my case if I switched between using HDMI audio to my TV or Dolby Digital for my audio system. Now regardless whether I choose DD being on or off, I have audio coming out of both the TV and system at the same time. Thankfully I can turn off the TV volume entirely in my TV's menu settings.

I noticed RickNY's shots above showed his guide functional at midnight. For me at midnight it was down for 15 minutes while it was downloading new guide data. I was under the impression with this guide being supposedly cloud based that wouldn't happen anymore unless that was a glitch.