KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson to nycdave

Premium Member

to nycdave

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

NYCDave - IIRC, I never changed the Rev. I's firmware upgrade option - its set to its default (do NOT automatically check for upgrade). Do you suggest we leave it that way? Do you know of any work being done towards upgrading past the .22 version?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

said by KCrimson:

NYCDave - IIRC, I never changed the Rev. I's firmware upgrade option - its set to its default (do NOT automatically check for upgrade). Do you suggest we leave it that way? Do you know of any work being done towards upgrading past the .22 version?

That setting will not prevent new firmware from being pushed to the router....

KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson

Premium Member

said by nycdave:

That setting will not prevent new firmware from being pushed to the router....

It certainly gives the user the sense that the opposite is true. Is there actually ANY sense in changing it from its (default) no-updates state?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

1 recommendation

nycdave

MVM

No.
TreeTops3
join:2008-11-23

TreeTops3

1. All of a sudden I am getting faster upload speeds. I have the 3/1 Mbs plan and have regularly got ~5/1.8 now I get ~5/~4. Kudos to Verizon.
2. Does anyone know if you return defective equipment, if you will get a robo call to confirm that it was received? I sent a bad router back last Wednesday OCt. 3 (to West Chester PA with the mailing label V supplied) and UPS tracking showed it arrived Oct. 4. TIA
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

You will get no call.