uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to telcodad

Re: [Connectivity] New SB6120/6121 Firmware Released

My downstream carrier levels are usually around 4 dBmv and my upstream levels are around 49 dBmv

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to Mike Wolf

Same thing here (an SB6121, ver. 1.0.6.6 F/W, and connected to a Cadant/ARRIS CMTS with 4 channels downstream and 3 channels upstream) with no issues currently either.

My downstream carrier levels are usually around 0 dBmV (-3/+1) and my upstream levels are around +40 dBmV (-1/+2).

EDIT: My downstream SNRs are usually 36 or 37 dB (I've never called in to see what my upstream SNRs were).

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to NetFixer

I use an SB6121 hardware version 5.0 and connect on a Arris/Cadant CMTS with 4 channels downstream and 3 channels upstream and haven't had any problems. I do hope that the latest firmware will improve speeds because I'm just seeeing 52Mbps down max.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to travelguy

said by travelguy:

If you are currently on 1033, I wouldn't do anything to try to get 1066. For that matter, Comcast may have suspended deployment of 1066, but I still wouldn't force a reboot.

Nope, firmware release SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH has not been suspended. I activated a new SB6121 a couple of days after you made this post, and the first thing it did after connecting to the CMTS was to download that firmware release.

OTOH, I have not had any of the problems that others have reported with my SB6121 using the SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH firmware (I have 4 channels downstream, 3 channels upstream, and I connect to an Arris/Cadant CMTS). That tells me that the problems being reported are not simply caused by the firmware per se, but may be a combination of the firmware and perhaps specific CMTS boxes/configuration and/or the hardware version of the modem itself (my hardware version is 5.0).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.