share rss forum feed

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA
kudos:1
reply to Name Game

Re: Looking for answer - How many CyberSec Incidents each year?

I love it when I have to go all the way to the LA Times to get a reference to the source document! Why can't this information be found on the New York Times and Washington Post websites?
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 edit

said by jvmorris:

I love it when I have to go all the way to the LA Times to get a reference to the source document! Why can't this information be found on the New York Times and Washington Post websites?

You can...if you want to hear what liberman and Matt Chandler use for excuses on their clearinghouse.

Homeland Security’s ‘fusion centers’ defended in response to sharply critical Senate report

»www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat···ory.html

But they did have a moment of understanding..

DHS ‘fusion centers’ portrayed as pools of ineptitude, civil liberties intrusions

»www.washingtonpost.com/investiga···ory.html

I like this one the best

The Senate report said local and state officials entrusted with the fusion center grants sometimes spent lavishly. More than $2 million was spent on a center for Philadelphia that never opened. In Ohio, officials used the money to buy rugged laptop computers and then gave them to a local morgue. San Diego officials bought 55 flat-screen televisions to help them collect “open-source intelligence” — better known as cable television news.

Along with the $45K SUV for a city official to "commute".

--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

If you're looking for some insight into Fusion Centers (and willing to browse a little), you'll find info here.

Side note: I was browsing the location list last year.
The one closest to me (Orlando) seemed to be out of operation. I tried to determine ownership of the site but it got weird.

IIRC, GSA originally owned the site as surplus but then sold it to a holding company just before the FC opened.
Then the place was only open a few years before it closed down - but DHS still listed it as active.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to jvmorris

said by jvmorris:

I towed my cyberAirstream to LA to get the information. The scenery wasn't great, but the mileage was fantastic

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

Hmm..the fusion center might have been tracking you..I have it on good authority that homeland security follows Airstreams across the Nation to make sure they are not parked next to critical Infrastructures and taking pictures.

Greg Palast had that problem a few years back.
»www.gregpalast.com/palast-charge···-degree/
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/