uniqs

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Re: [Troubleshooting] MiFi 4620L Firmware Won't Update

Funny, my strong belief is that they (Verizon and Novatel) already know there's a problem with getting a successful update to these units as the apparent sole purpose of the update we have been trying to install is to allow the device to receive future updates.

As I said above, I am hoping that Verizon will release a downloadable file which we can use to force the update rather than trying it through the web interface.

YoshiWantOut
@clearwire-wmx.net

YoshiWantOut

Anon

I recently got the 4620L and also have this very problem with firmware update. According to update log, I have attempted update around 10 times in different areas, web browsers, devices, etc. And they all resulted in a 403 failure after power cycling really quickly. At least I know it isn't just my device now.

Hopefully a fix will be discovered soon.

jrp78
@myvzw.com

jrp78 to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian
I stated this before and I still can't believe they aren't providing a manual update process with a app. They have one for the 4510. Mine actually stopped saying there was an update available for a day after I did a factory reset but its back saying update available(failing of course).

jb1146
@verizon.net

jb1146

Anon

I spoke to Novatel Support who said they should have a fix by the end
of next week. After this there will be further updates to add functionality (so they said).

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

I hope so. Fingers crossed.

pGu
@myvzw.com

pGu

Anon

Hoping for a fix here too - i'm having the exact same problem - please continue to update if verizon or novatel are in touch