uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to hchen42

Re: [TWC] TWC New York Modem Activation

They should just offer an online tool to input your MAC to avoid having to call. It would be 1000x easier and more convenient.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Nick21:

They should just offer an online tool to input your MAC to avoid having to call. It would be 1000x easier and more convenient.

THIS! Every cable company I've used all had online management to activate your cable modem. Hook up the new one, and you get a walled garden screen. Enter your account info, and then done! Why can't time warner do that? Hell, at&t broadband (now comcast) even had that!
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by djdanska:

said by Nick21:

THIS! Every cable company I've used all had online management to activate your cable modem. Hook up the new one, and you get a walled garden screen. Enter your account info, and then done! Why can't time warner do that? Hell, at&t broadband (now comcast) even had that!

Don't they still do this for new subscribers? I remember Adelphia had it. I am going to wait until they make their subscribers' own modems. It seems like a pain in the arse at the moment.