Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to LazMan

Re: Dalton's anti-smoking minions have had enough.

said by LazMan:

Can't smoke in public places.
Can't smoke at work.
Can't smoke outside (there's entire blocks in Toronto where you can't get the required 9m away from a door)
Can't smoke in your car/truck.
FFS, can't smoke in your own home anymore! »Smoking ban inside your condo - Bylaw passed

The 'home' one is a one-off of a condo association, so we'll leave that aside. The car/truck one.....that's only if there are children in the car, isn't it? I haven't seen anything that says you can't smoke in your car ever, but only if there are children present.

(disclaimer: I'm a non-smoker; I'm just trying to get the facts straight)
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by Kardinal:

The car/truck one.....that's only if there are children in the car, isn't it? I haven't seen anything that says you can't smoke in your car ever, but only if there are children present.

Like as mentioned kids or not, if your vehicle is being used for any type of commercial activity then it is verboten. There are literally 10s or 100s of thousands of vehicles that fall into this category.

Now an interesting dynamic is federally regulated workplaces like cross jurisdiction truckers or even telecom workers. Can the province impose safety restrictions of a federal workplace?