spc
uniqs

Gord
@teksavvy.com

Gord to pende_tim

Anon

to pende_tim

Re: New Nest Thermostat- 2 stage

In the last Home Depot flyer here in Canada there is a new Honeywell wifi internet connected unit for $160. I saw it last night and it looks like any other Honeywell unit but has the wifi signal indicator bars on the screen. I havent seen it elsewhere.

It would do everything the Nest would do for me, as my thermostat is somewhere where someone might walk by it to trigger its motion sensor once a week.

I looked everywhere on the internet and nest sure tries to make the web interface and any actual screen shots or description of what the software will do a secret. I guess they just want to let their built in program rule the day. Just like apple.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Here in SouthEastern PA, HomeDepot has the Honeywell RTH8580WF for $150.

»yourhome.honeywell.com/h ··· 80WF.htm

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to Gord

Premium Member

to Gord
I saw the new(?) »www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N ··· X-03A9gA WiFi Honeywell yesterday in Home Depot also. The box was very vague but it does not seem to do a 2 stage heat pump with aux heat.

The Honeywell specs seem similar to the RadioThermostat 3M50 unit which I have on several single stage systems.
Tig
join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON

Tig

$229 at Amazon ca.
»www.amazon.ca/Nest-T1005 ··· 06ML9J4O

The Honeywell looks very functional but at 10" square, it breaks my "Jupiter 2" rule regarding the prominence of technology. I prefer to not have consoles and command centers on display. After all I'm just trying to enjoy my home, I'm not navigating through space.
At under 3.5" the Nest even beats out the classic Honeywell button on the wall that HD is selling.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
said by pende_tim:

The box was very vague but it does not seem to do a 2 stage heat pump with aux heat.

It looks like it does, according to the manual »www.homedepot.com/catalo ··· 21c2.pdf